Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nine Years and Counting


So this post is coming a little late because 24 hours in a day is just not enough for me! I need to wish my husband a very happy anniversary! It was 9 years ago on January 3. I can't believe it has been 9 years. It seems just like yesterday we walked into the temple through opposite doors ( I was a nerd and insisted we not see eachother until the temple that day) All of my nerves just washed away as a dashing young man came walking towards me in the main lobby of the temple. As I looked at him toting his temple bag my heart was happy, complete, and whole.

9 years later my heart is still happy, complete, and whole but in a whole new way. I am amazed at how love can grow. I thought I couldn't love Kelly more than that very moment in the temple that we made covenants that binded us together forever but I was wrong. Love grows deeper and stronger with time, trials, and a few moments of exasperation with eachother.

In 9 years Kelly and I have:
Graduated from college
Lost 2 babies
Had 3 miracle babies
7 surgeries (Kelly only gets to claim 1 of those)
3 Near death experiences
3 apartments & 1 house
3285 nights of dancing in the kitchen
3285 nights of good night kisses

I couldn't ask for more! Its been one awesome wild ride and I hope we can continue this roller coaster ride together forever!

3 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Okay I am apparently in a crying mood today, but your entry made my eyes water! Such cute memories! You guys are an adorable couple and we wish you the best! Love ya!

Marcie said...

Hope your anniversary was wonderful! Nine years together is awesome!!

Trent Young said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well and are in good health!