Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Most Perfect Get Away/ Birthday Present Ever!!!


So for my Birthday my most perfect, awesome, amazing, wonderful husband whisked me away for the weekend. If you have read my blog lately you know that this trip was much needed after weeks of being couped up in my house! He started the weekend off by taking me to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to see the lights. I have wanted to do this since I was a little girl. Sad that it's taken me this long to go but I am so happy to make a check on my list of things I would love to see in my life. There was a narrated nativity that lit up. At the end President Monson voiced his testimony of the Savior and it gave me chills and not because it was negative degrees outside. To be there with the lights in the stillness was healing. There has been so much go go go in my mind lately may even a little bit of a pity party, but to just be still and feel His love and to have my eternal companion with his arm around me made me feel safe and alive for the first time in a couple of months.







We stayed in SLC on Friday night and then we got up and did a little bit of Christmas shopping. Kelly had a big suprise planned for me but wouldn't tell me where we were going or when. We left SLC and it was snowing heavily but we just kept driving. We got off in Ogden and I thought, "Where in Pete's sake could we be going?" Kelly told me it was rated one of the top 10 romantic places in Utah. We drove up the Ogden Canyon and I thought, "This is not a road we should be on close to dark, especially considering Kelly and I's past for getting lost!" None the less we arrived out our destination. He took me to the Alaskan Inn Bed and Breakfast. They have themed cabins and suites that you can stay in and then they serve you a full and I do mean full breakfast in bed. Kelly had gotten us our own private little cabin. It was so fun and reminded me of our Honeymoon in Island Park. We were married in January and went to his family's cabin. We were snowed in and watched movies and played some mean games of Super Mario Brother on an original nintendo. We curled up in our little cabin and watched movies and enjoyed som R&R. Here are some pictures I took of the Canyon around our cabin. A special thanks to the most amazing and thoughtful husband ever! I am so glad we are going to be together forever! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! Love you!!!!!!
At our Cabin
Temple SquareMy little slice of Heaven!
A view from our cabin door
The Nativity on Temple Square

6 comments:

Sister Brittster said...

Ohhhhh Amber Sue, I am soooo jealous! It looks like a weekend to remember. I am so glad that Kelly is so thoughtful at special times, you are one lucky girl!

JaNae Fay said...

What a sweetie! I am so glad you and your honey got to get away. It sounds like you both truly needed it! Love you girl!

The High Family- said...

Kelly really outdid himself! That little sneaky devil. Glad you got some time to relax and that you had such a special birthday!

Marcie said...

You have one awesome husband! That sounds like such a fun weekend getaway and a much-needed break. I'm going to make my husband read this post in hopes he'll get a few ideas. :o)

Johnson Family said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday and were able to get away. :) It looks like fun!

Boyters said...

So glad you got get away. you deserve it!
right now our getaway trips consist going to Walmart without the kids...and HEY!! I am grateful for that time together. sometimes you just need alone time!