Thursday, September 4, 2008

Macee's Blog of First's

Click to play Macee's First Day
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

I was trying to hold off and wait to blog about Macee until after her first Soccer game on Saturday, but I've decided there is just too much fun going on right now to try to lump it all into one post. So "ta da", you will get two posts.

Macee had her first day of Preschool on Wednesday. This is her second year of preschool but we switched to a different preschool which we all have been a little nervous about and leery of but so far so good!

I had to work Tuesday night so I wasn't able to prepare her mentally that the following day she started back to preschool so I told her when the early morning sun rose, way to early for me. Note to self: Working from 3PM to 11PM the night before starting a day at the races, not such a good idea! So anyway, I told her, "Today is your first day of preschool AND you get to start ballet today!" Her reply was, "Yes, Mom I am so excited!" Excited she was at that! She ran and jumped into the shower pumped for the days activities that lie ahead.

We had fun picking out one of her new outfits to wear and we did her hair super cute. You should see Macee when i do her hair. Drama Mama! She has to give me step by step instructions on how she wants it done and what bow she is going to wear. She is pretty specific folks! I have created a monster! HELP!!!! :)

So me, half dead, and the kids, completely ready and cute, headed off to walk Austin to school. When we returned we loaded in the car to head to preschool. I was worried on the way that she would hate the new school or cry and not want to stay. Part of me sad to see her go but happy I was down to just one child for the next two hours!

Macee had no problems at all! In fact, I couldn't even keep up with her. Before I knew it she was running into preschool without me, like she had done it a hundred times before! She is fearless I tell ya!

Addie and I missed her terribly! Addie said to me while we were running errands, "Mama, where Macee?" I told her, "At school." Addie retorted, "We go pick her up?" That one tugged on my heart strings. Addie seems to be a lost little kitten without Austin and Macee around. I guess she is going to have to learn to live with just me three days a week for two hours each day. Poor her! :)

Well, the fun did not end there. Macee came home to tell me how they learned about exercise, being healthy, eating a good breakfast, and she also excitedly proclaimed that every kid in her class has 5 people in their family. What are the odds?

That evening we took her to her very first dance lesson. Can I just say that it was the cutest thing ever. Macee was so excited to put on her leotards and new ballet shoes. I could hardly contain her. Once again, when we arrived, she ran into dance without looking back and she had a load of fun! Her teacher is awesome and Macee tried so hard to copy her every move perfectly. We may be creating a prima ballerina over here! Watch for a cute little ballerina dancing by you Spring 2009 at the Civic Auditorium. She's a little star! I love you Macee bug!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Macee,
Wow preschool and ballet! That sounds great. I know you will be a great dancer. We'll be excited to come watch when you have your recital. Love ya
Amy

The High Family- said...

Look at your little girl all grown up. She did look really cute at preschool. I love that she atleast comes home and tells you what she learned at preschool. Dallin just says that he "played". We look forward to her recital! We will be there with bells and whistles and occasionally a screaming kid!

Joy said...

What a sweet girl! And it sounds like she is loving life.

Shine said...

She is amazing! Would that we all had that kind of excitement and eagerness without fear for life, eh?! When I'm that dead tired, I always wish kids had gas tanks and I could siphon their energy for myself! :)

Sister Brittster said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm missing all of this! I bet Macee was so super cute on her first day of preschool and dance, I could hardly contain myself when I looked at the pictures. Amber...whatever do you do with yourself when you only have one child to wrangle!? Its crazy! They're growing up so fast!

Dallin and Katie said...

Your are right! Ballet is so fun for a little girl. It is fun for a mom too.