Okay so here we sit still and between Addie screaming at me, the pain, and feeling exhausted I am starting to get frustrated and close to teary. I have learned that when I am faced with difficult situations I need to take a moment to count my blessings. This brings me closer to the spirit and further away from the darkness and sadness that are overwhelming me.
So I would like to share with you a few of the things Heavenly Father has blessed me with the last few days. First of all he blessed me to make new friends that have been very uplifting and helpful. Kerry Baily is one. Her son Riley and my son Austin walk to school together and her mother-in-law happens to be my visiting teacher. She rescued me last Thursday, making herself available to stay with me and the girls. She also called and found someone to give me a blessing when I was unable to reach anyone. She has been more than willing to walk Austin to and from school and even took him yesterday after school so I could see the doctors yesterday. She also has checked in on me and offered her services no matter what!
My friend Ashley came Thursday afternoon and stayed with me until Kelly could get home. She juggled her 3 kids and my 3 kids. Can we say super-woman. She also has fixed me dinner twice in the last few days and has gotten me groceries. Just today she did a Walmart run for me and I know she has been stressed out but she did it all with a smile on her face.
I was blessed that my Visiting Teachers called the day things got really bad. They had only called to schedule an appointment but ended up bring in diner instead. I am blessed to have wonderful Visiting teachers and a wondeful ward that supports me. When I had tried to reach someone for a blessing on Thursday all 3 men i could think of were out of town on an errand but as soon as they got back they cam and checked on me. I look up to these men. Brother Aiken and Brother Lythgoe. Since I list my dad 14 years ago and my grandfather over a year ago, they have been the father figure's I have needed plus they are always so kind to tell me how pretty I look at church or share with me what a great person I am. I don't know how great I am but they sure do make me feel special.
Yesterday Heavenly Father blessed me with a miracle in the form of a humanly angel and her name is Jill. I work with her at Mt View. I was crying yesterday trying to figure out how to get out of bed and take care of the girls with al of my pain, including how to get to my Dr apointment. My doorbell rang in the middle of my prayer and there stood Jill. she said, "Go get in bed, I am here to take your girls and clean your house! Go rest!" I started to cry. Thank you so much Heavenly Father for answering my prayer right then. Jill did my dishes, cleaned up and even took my laundry and washed it. My girls had a blast! Her mom did a fishpond for the kids and my girls were tickled pink to come home with new purses and chapstick! Did I also mention she fixed dinner for us also. Thank you Jill for heeding the prompting to check in on me!
Last night I was stressed out about the MRI I would have to have this AM. I had no one to watch my kids that early so I was going to have to go by myself so Kelly could stay with the kids. But through others who heeded the spirit and started a calling tree, my visitin gteacher called me to say Sister Aiken would be at my house at 7:15AM to watch my kids and get them off to school so Kelly could go with me. Thank You Sister Aiken for being wiling to stay even though Addie was throwing up!
My friend from our ward Sister Kohler just stopped by after reading my blog and brought me flowers. I was so stunned, and in that moment I felt so much love! Thank you Angela for checking on me and the beautiful flowers. You'll never know how much they were needed today! They brightened my day!!!:)
So see a few moments of reflection and counting my many blessings has given me a fresh perspective. Thank You all for your prayers and your service. I could not make it through this without them! I love you all!
4 days ago




6 comments:
Wow. Amber, I cannot believe how amazing your ward and neighbors are! I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out and speechless! When we got Andy, our families were fantastic and truly blessings, but I haven't had visiting teachers more than twice in the nearing two years we've lived in Shelley! What an amazing gift to live in that ward and community with so many amazing people!!!!
Amber. You are a joy even in the midst of your trials. I was sitting here reflecting on the many many moons ago in a place far far away called High School when you were so quick to serve any and all who needed you. Now it's your time honey! Please know that I am praying for you. I just hope my prayers can make it all the way from Nebraska.
You will make it through this. I know it. You are one tough cookie. Have faith, there is purpose in this! (Though you are allowed to get tired and ticked off...I said you can and if somebody tells you otherwise then send them to answer to me!)
Amber!! HI! I got your comment on my blog. It was so great to hear from you. I have so many great memories of you from high school. Remember when you helped me learn how to do a back hand spring in your back yard? That was awesome. I know Heavenly Father will give you the strength you need to get through this hard time. I know I'm far away, but I'll be thinking and praying for you. Your children are beautiful. Keep in touch.
Sharee
Amber, you know that I love you and that my prayers are with you. Don't be afraid to call me if it gets to be too much, I'll drop what I'm doing to talk to you and enjoy your company. You inspire me so much and I miss you a great deal. If I had my wish I would be in Idaho Falls with you right now and I would be your live in nanny! Wouldn't that be a beautiful existence?! HUGS!
Oh Amber, I haven't been on for awhile and just caught up reading your last few blogs. Honey, you are such an amazing person. I hate to hear that you are so down and are having a hard time. I wish that I was closer to help with your kids or just to sit and talk. It sounds though that others are there taking care of you and I am truely grateful. Please know that we will be praying for you and if you decide to have a family fast please let me know, we would love to join. I love you Amber, thanks for being such a wonderful mom!
Post a Comment