Monday, September 29, 2008

Family . . . . Isn't It About Time?

Click to play
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

Well all, I luckily started to feel better after starting a high dose antibiotic. I still have some pain but not nearly as much as 2 weeks ago and we were able to cancel the surgery, for now. I was praying hard that I could feel good enough to go to Boise to see my new niece and watch my little brother bless her. Well we went and can I just say 5 hours in the car with three small children and nothing but dry weeds and dessert to look at makes for a very exhausting and patience trying trip.

I am happy to report we made it there on Friday without any major mishaps and not too many poddy breaks. This trip was extra nice for me because my sister Brittany rode with us and helped with my kids because I am still too sore to climb over seats and turn around every 5 seconds. It was so nice to have an extra set of hands. I think I now want to kidnap her for all future Wray Family Adventures!

We were able to stay at my Brother and his wife's house in Kuna, Idaho. It is really beautiful out there and reminds me a little of Blackfoot. We spent Friday visiting and loving on the new baby Kairi. Saturday we did a little shopping at our 2 favorite stores, Steve and Berry's and Ross Dress for Less. FYI if you have never been to Steve and Berry's google it and find one at a location near you. Most stores have everything $8.98 or less. when I say everything I mean jeans, fluffy winter coats. and the cutest shirts, oh yeah and sneakers. Right now because they are closing some stores you can get stuff for $4.98 AMAZING!!

Sunday my brother blessed Kairi and it was beautiful! My little brother was so nervous, this being the first time he had blessed a baby. he gave a beautiful blessing and the meeting was filled with the spirit. My younger sis Brittany got up and bore her testimony and it was awesome to see how much she has grown as a women and a spirit daughter of God in the gospel. She made a poin that I have thought of before but it really struck me during the meeting. With my dad and my grandpa passed away and non of his other brother's faithful in the gospel, my brother is the only living Winberg male to possess the priesthood on earth. That is huge! I am so proud of my brother and listening to his testimony also strengthened me.

I have been pondering on the different phases in my life and how I have learned something and upgraded my testimony and how the passing of years and phases I have forgotten some things. I am thankful to watch and listen to my younger siblings. Brittany reminds me of the growing on my own phase. I had so much more time to have a relationship with my Heavenly father because I only had to worry about me and my testimony. I remember feeling the spirit so strongly in my life. I read my scriptures, prayed, and wrote in my journal every night. I learned to love myself with the help of my Savior. I had time to see myself as he sees me. The Holy Ghost was my daily companion and ESPN correspondent, if you will.

My brother is in the whoah I'm a grown-up phase! Where did that come from? The phase were earth and time seems to stand still. The pressures of adulthood and having a family weigh on you heavily but as they place your first born in your arms the windows of heaven are opened up. You can feel your guardian angels with you. There are days of no sleep but also those quiet beautiful moments when that new little one cuddles in you arms, cues, and smiles. Your heart is full, so full because you realize you didn't and aren't doing this on your own. Heavenly Father, in partnership with you and your spouse has created this new beautiful being. Directly from heaven. I used to always say when we had a new baby, "If I could only speak pure Adam like you I'm sure you could give me a few messages from the other side!"

Reflecting on the phases I have passed through has made me realize that Heavenly Father is giving me the opportunity to remember these precious truths by watching others, especially my siblings. I need to remember to take more time and see myself as the Lord sees me. I often put off scripture study or prayers because I am just so tired from making it through the day. Not an excuse I know! If I would make more time to work on my relationship with my Father in Heaven my days would go smoother and I would probably be buoyed up in my trials. Also, I need to remember, on those days I would like to pull my hair out and put my children in time out permanently those quiet moments that I held them in my arms and the spirit descended on my heart and whispered that my children are a heritage to the Lord!

May I take more time to reflect on the things I have learned and they way my heart has felt. If you see me slipping will you please set me back on track! Thank you all for your support during this difficult time for me physically and spiritually! May the Lord keep you all and bless you!!!!

7 comments:

The High Family- said...

I am so impressed that you didn't harm any of your children during your drive to and from Boise. Kids and long car rides are a bad combo! Looks like you had a great time. Hope you start turning the corner soon and start feeling better!

Caralee said...

Amber, you are so amazing. When I read your blog I am motivated to be a better person. I am so glad you got to travel to the blessing, even if the kids were driving you crazy. Mine do the same things in the car. And...Love your festive holiday blog look! Soooo cute!

Lanae said...

What a great time! I am so glad you and your patience were able to endure the trip, because we loved being with you! Take care! until we meet again.

Dallin and Katie said...

What a fun time for your family. I am glad to here you are feeling better. Now, don't you ever come to Boise and not stop to see me ever again! How Rude! j/k

Joy said...

Amber, thank you for those powerful reminders. I am in the phase with you...trying not to pull my hair out every other second and really trying not to lock my children in their room forever. It can be so hard sometimes, but so worth it. Especially when you stop and reflect, just like you have mentioned. We cannot do it alone, and we need to remember what it is all about. You are truly amazing!

Sister Brittster said...

Ohhhhh Amber Sue...what can I say? I enjoyed every moment of our weekend together. I was happy to be your Wray family adventure companion...just ask and you shall receive baby! We'll have to get together to have another guitar hero showdown, now that I am trying to play it on hard mode you should be able to beat me easily! ;P It was great to be all together again, we need to do it more often!

Johnson Family said...

I am so glad you got to go to Boise and see your niece being blessed. I was thinking you weren't going to be able to make it. I am so glad you did. :)

I also feel like you do sometimes. I used to be a lot better at saying my prayers and reading my scriptures. It seems like since I became a mom, I struggle a lot with that. Hopefully I can get a better routine going soon.