Thursday, July 10, 2008

Liberty and Justice For All

Well what can I say the fourth was great fun. We went to the parade in the morning with my sister Brittany, and the kids got high on sugar from all of the candy they caught! We then headed back to our house for a good old Wray family BBQ. It was great fun! The kids swam in the big stand up pool we just got and of course played some nintendo. We had some great food and then watched the debut of the Wray Family Reunion DVD I just finished. Don't worry folks it is not a final copy. I 've got some touch up work to do. Then it was off to snag a spot for the fireworks down by the river.

Now due to the fact I knew that I had to work 12 hours the next day I told Kelly we should stay away from the immediate river area so we could get home in time for me to catch some ZZZZ's. So we ended up on baseball diamond next to Freeman Park and we got home in no time at all and it wasn't that bad of a view! The kids loved it and I think we thoroughly wore them out. Addie was out cold before we even left and Austin and Macee followed shortly after in the car.

It is a good feeling to explain to my kids why we celebrate the 4th of July. I am so thankful for the freedoms I enjoy and rights that I have. I am greatly indebted to those who risk their lives for my freedom. There are , I believe 4 men in our ward who serve in our National Guard and have already seen one tour of duty in Iraq. This also includes my best friends husband. Rumor has it within the next year they will be asked to leave their families once again for a second tour of duty. I really like a plaque my neighbor has hanging in her home and I think it epitomizes these men. It states, "Land of the free, because of the brave." So a big thank you from me who all who serve to protect not only my freedom but protect my children and their rights, future freedoms, and quality of life. May I say, God Bless America!


6 comments:

Justan Observer said...

You've got me hooked. I enjoy reading your blog because of the interesting pearls of wisdom.

Johnson Family said...

What fun and adorable pictures. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope you are all feeling better. Thanks for the salute to the men and women who serve the USA. I also want to reiterate what you said. I appreciate it as well. There are many honorable men and women that serve us and I appreciate it.

Kerri Schow said...

Looks like you had a blast!! Soooo sorry we missed it. I love to see the cute pictures of everyone. I hope when you get that DVD complete you send a copy my way. Hope all is well.
Kerri and family

Caralee said...

Hey Amber! I found your blog thru Stacy Compton's blog. Your pictures from the 4th are so cute! Its fun to see what your family is up to. Cute blog background too.

Leslie and Josh said...

Hey Amber where did you get that missionary count down?

Joy said...

Looks like you had quite the celebration! We are truly blessed to live here and enjoy the freedoms we do.
Are you still working at Madison Memorial?