I just had to blog about Addie and something cute she said on Thursday and how it got me thinking. It was Thursday afternoon when Addison came traipsing around the corner to the kitchen while I was doing dishes. She loves to play dress-up so I was not surprised to see her in her high heeled shoes but as I scanned upwards I seen this:
Yep you've got it the princess crown on upside down and her smile was bigger than ever! She got my attention and said, "Mommy look, I a pitty pwincess!" All I could do was to smile and I said, "You are aren't you?" She said, "Yep!" Then of course I had to snap this picture and take some video so all of you could see how stinkin' cute it was!
As I got thinking about this blog subject I found a parable and quite possibly an answer to my prayers in the words of my 2 year old. I will admit briefly that I have struggled lately with my own self worth. I have wondered lately if I am really good enough, beautiful enough, brave enough, true enough. The the picture of Addie came to my mind and how I view her. To me she is a "Pwitty Princess!" quite possibly the most beautiful ever and I believe the same of Macee and I do believe I have a couple dashing princes roaming around here! Then I thought if I am a daughter of God he must feel the same way about me. He must believe I am one of the best princesses He ever created. My sister-in-law put me in my place quickly on a recent visit. I had made some comment about how I would never be pretty enough or good enough and she said, "Amber what does that say about the person who made you?"
So my goal this week is to be like Addie, and with a goofy grin on my face say, "I am a pretty princess!" Oh to be like a child again! So if you are struggling like me, just remember, God doesn't make junk and then look at this picture and know you are beautiful and wonderful you are, even if sometimes you get your tiara on upside down! :)
4 days ago




10 comments:
That is so cute! Thanks for that reminder that I think most women need from time to time.
Thanks for the wonderful words of wisdom. If we truly always had His image in our countenance then the light of Christ would shine in our eyes and we would be more beautiful than any supermodel. Oh our little Adi( I talk like she's mine). She is a bundle of personality. Her innocence is so refreshing. Every time I see her I just want to squeeze her until she begs me to stop!!
Thanks for the reminder, Amber. You are doing a wonderful job raising that family of yours.
I found a great story to help keep things in perspective for you. It's called the "Wedge of Discouragement".
Thanks Amber! This was so cute and uplifting to all the princess' out there. You are so beautiful!
What a great reminder for those days when we forget what life is really about! You have a darling little girl, not surprising coming from you. It's times like these that we wonder what we ever did before we had kids. They truly make life worth living.
Thanks Amber that was awsome. I especially like that part about us having our crown on upside down.
She looks SO much like you! She is simply beautiful Amber! What a cute personality too.
Hey Amber! I found your blog through Hillary's and it's been fun to see your cute kids and see what you've been up to. She mentioned that she had worked with you, so it was fun to get caught up on you because gosh, it's been FOREVER, huh?! Long time since our days in T3! (lots of memories there, eh?!) You look so great, though, and your family is gorgeous. Take care!
Isn't it great what these little ones teach us. I think we all have those days and it's great that they can remind us of who we truly are.
Hey Amber! I've got a blog, too! Come check it out! Ü It was fun to find yours! Your kids are so cute ans so sweet!
Post a Comment