It was rather nice to have a 3 day weekend with Kelly. I thought we would relax more but it ended up being a rather busy weekend. Friday night I ended up going into work last minute until about midnight. Saturday was filled with errands, shopping, and my sister Brittany's Alumni performance at Hillcrest High School.
Sunday was church, dinner with my family, YUM! We also got the chance to go up and decorate my dad, grandpas, and aunts graves. It was beautiful on Sunday. We were able to eat outside by the pool at my parents apartment complex. My sister was home from Montana and Aaron, and Holly were visiting from Kuna. It was nice to have us all together again. As the big sister I get kind of sentimental about this kind of stuff.
Monday was a Wray fun filled day starting with breakfast. The definition for any meal at the Wray household is "a feast" So we ate and ate and ate some more. Then we went to visit Kelly's families grave including his mom, grandparents, and niece. It was raining and windy but we got done just before the worst of it hit. The graves were beautifully decorated and most all of us went together.
I then ventured off to Pocatello to see my best friend Becky's new baby boy Justus. I think I could have sat there and held him forever. I think God made my arms to hold children that is probably why I love where I work so much. It is comfortable to me and just like heaven!
I then headed back to Blackfoot in pouring rain for more Wray family fun. We played the Price is Right DVD game and I am happy to say someone finally put Kelly Dean in his place. Kim beat him in the final showcase winning both prizes by guessing the exact retail price. Go Kimmy!
There was more great food with a BBQ, some reminiscing with old photos, notes, and letters Tami had found. It was a lot of fun and last but not least there was some art talent displayed as we made posters for Karson's return home on Friday. I think we might all tackle him as he walks through the gate. We have all missed him a ton and we are so glad he is returning to the states and that he served a hard working and honorable mission.
Well there is the run down. It was tons of fun. Stay tuned for pictures from "Karson, The Return Home" opening this Friday! :) We love you all and hope your Memorial Weekend was just as fun-filled for you!
1 day ago




9 comments:
Wow...you are one busy little family. I am jealous..your weekend was way more exciting than ours. I bet it was nice to have some family time. (Oh ya, when I opened the page to your blog Cade said, "Yeah, Adi!" It was super cute. He was so excited to see her picture)
Hey you guys want to come over on friday and decorate cookies and maybe go to the zoo? We are looking for a good time.
call us! also, i need mary kay!
Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy Memorial Day weekend! Seems to be how they go though, isn't it! Love you much! Have fun tomorrow!
I just realized from your widgetthat you already have plans tomorrow,no worries we will catch you another time.
Have fun with the returned Elder Wray.
I commented about the guy in class that makes all the funny comments that make no sense. I said, "he's like the kids in Primary that raise their hands and say my turtle died, or I can ride my bike." and he said "or, like, teacher,my kitties breathe smells like cat food." It's from the Simpsons. too dang funny! Delete this if anyone who knows him reads these! oh, and there is no fear of making any mom look bad, I have rare outbursts of ambition and the rest of the time I'm still in my jammies at noon. seriously.
Hey, thanks for the phone call yesterday. It was great hearing from you and I know Jordan feels better about a few things now. :) I did take those pictures on his birth announcement card. I also did the card. I am probably going to email it instead of send them, since postage is getting so expensive. Anyway, you will have to let me know how it goes when Elder Wray gets home. :)
Do Aaron and Holly live in Kuna now?
Oh Amber Sue it is so nice to see you and your family are having a pretty good summer so far. I miss you all so much while I'm away, I can't wait until next weekend and the opportunity to come be near you all again! I love the pics of the kids, keep 'em coming, I don't feel so lonely up here in Montana with all the deer,wolves and elk as my only friends...hahaha
I haven't seen your families in ages! Especially since they split the ward and I don't see the old M6 friends anymore. How are you guys?
Post a Comment