Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Camping We Will Go- Well Sort Of

Addie likes to ham it up for the camera!

Beautiful blue eyes. She melts my heart!





Ah- summer, and with it comes Popsicles, walks, bike rides, and it means our house doubles in square footage because now our back and front yards count as extra rooms to our house. We are so excited and we have lots planned to keep us busy. We will have T-Ball, Dance, Swimming Lessons, Summer Movie Tickets, a Zoo Pass (we will probably live at the zoo, you all know we belong there anyway), and of course family vacations.
The kids are counting down and so am I, although I wonder, after they get out if I am going to wish school were back in session. We have had some fun lately at the zoo and outside in our yard. Kelly mowed the lawn for the first time last week. We were lucky enough that I got some call time this weekend from work. We were able to have a fun movie night. The kids got a movie and so did the grown ups. We set up the kids' turtle tent. (Austin got it from Uncle Blake and Aunt Kerri a couple of Christmases ago, THANKS!) They piled pillows and blankets inside and they all crammed in and watched Enchanted on the laptop. It was great and they were sooo cute. Allie even got in on the action, climbing in and snuggling up with her pal Macee. Addie thought it was great too. They sang along to the songs and ate chips, big mess by the way, but it was worth it. Macee and Austin ended up camping out in the tent over night. See I said there was camping involved just not the dirt and bugs kind. Although, I have to admit I am nervous. Kelly is convinced we are loading up the whole family and camping out at Copper Basin this summer. We'll so how brave I am. Last time we went camping it was memorial Day weekend and I was about 8 months pregnant with Austin. The air mattress deflated in the middle of the night. I swore I would never camp again, it was miserable but we must give all things a second chance. So stay tuned for a real camping update. Knowing Kelly and I we will get ourselves in to some sort of conundrum. :) Well enjoy these latest pix of the kids. Till next time! P.S. Elder Wray if you are reading this we are so excited for you to return home. My kids ask me everyday, "Is Karson coming home this week?" They can't stand it anymore. We love you and can't wait to see you!
The famous Turtle Tent

All Tucked In !Macee with her best buddy!
I caught Austin singing along with the movie
Addie was so into the movie she wouldn't even look up for the picture!
I told you Allie got in on the action!

3 comments:

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

THat is so cute! I love it when the kids are all getting along and loving each others company. You have about the sweetest kids in the world. They were so sweet to Clara in church today letting her butt in on thier coloring. I love Addy's dress in the pics on top!
Good luck on the camping trip (the real one).

Johnson Family said...

That is so cute!!! I can't wait until Jordan and I can do stuff like that with our kids. Here is to a great summer!!!

Joy said...

Amber-
You're kids are so cute! How old are they now? That's so fun they all watched a movie in the tent. I must admit that after the first night of our camping trip I wondered what the heck we were doing, but it got better and was actually really fun. You'll have to let me know how you're camping goes.