Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

I am sorry but some major venting is needed today. The person that put an offer on our house pulled out today. Two hours before the inspection and appraisal no the less. AHHHHHHH :( This after yesterday she threw a stink and wanted us out by the 24th of this month instead of June 6th. She wanted us to pay her $500 to stay in this house for less than 2 weeks while the builders finished our house and we definitely weren't paying that, so we rushed and called and begged our builders and they said they would put a rush on our house so we could move in by then. So after we figured that all out it meant there needed to be a rush on the inspection and appraisal so we could close in 2 weeks. Kelly was out painting the house last night until 9PM and I was up at 6:30AM cleaning for 4 hours so we were totally prepared for the inspection. Then after that I spent 2 hours on the phone setting up utility accounts and a change of address request through the post office so we could be prepared to move in. Here's the clincher, she call 2 hours before the inspector and appraiser are to arrive and she pulls out of the deal. Just like that when we have jumped through all of her hoops the last few days.

I am sorry but I am so mad and so disappointed. The house we were supposed to get is the house of our dreams but without a buyer for our current house that dream is fading fast. I am so irritated with this lady's lack of human decency. I wanted this house so bad but without a buyer I am afraid that everything we have picked is gone. I am so confused. Kelly and I prayed and really felt like the Lord was prompting us to pt our house on the market, that it was time for us to go. Then we sat and watched as our house sat and sat on the market for over 6 months and I have been dealing with the stress of keeping it clean and having strangers rummage through my home. Then comes the offer and everything starts to fall into place even with this ladies bizarre time frames. The fact that we found exactly what we needed and in our price range and we got to pick all of the finishing touches. I thought and felt like for sure this is why we had to wait all these months, for now and this perfect opportunity. Well I was way wrong and today I have had to learn a hard lesson: Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch"

If you could say a prayer for us. I especially could use one because I am borderline overwhelmed and insane these days!

2 comments:

Leslie and Josh said...

Oh, Amber. :( I'm sooooo sorry. I hope that all works out and everything will turn out ok. I'll pray for you. I can relate to the insanity and disapointment.

Anonymous said...

Amber, I'm so sorry. I cannot believe that. How disappointing. I hope things work out. Let us know if we can do anything. We are here for you. Amy