Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our Very First Performance


Here is Addie cheering them on!



Hello all. Long time no blog. I had to take time to blog about my prized posessions, my children. Austin and Macee have been taking piano lessons since the first of January and they are loving it. Be it suprising, little Macee has a niche for playing. Her piano teacher often comments what beautiful hand positioning she has at only the age of 4. She is the youngest piano student. Austin is known for being good at playing without looking at his hands. It is so fun to go and watch them play for their teacher. They are so independent they often tell their teacher to step away from the piano so they can show her their stuff.


Yesterday we had the exciting opportunity to go and watch them perform for the grandma's and grandpa's at the Gables Assisted Living. Macee crawled up to the piano first and the whole audience ohhed and ahhed at how small and cute she is. As we pulled into the place Austin said, "Whoa this is big! What if I am too scared to play?" We quickly assured him he would do great! When we asked who wanted to go first Macee said, "Not me!" and Austin said, "Let Macee go first." Finally, Macee braved up and stepped up to the piano. They both did wonderful. My little pianists, they are so cute! Enjoy their little performances. We sure did!


4 comments:

Kerri Schow said...

Hi guys,
It was so cute to see Austin and Macee at the piano. They looked so big. I was so impressed they did it and didn't chicken out. I think a lot of kids would have.
I love seeing what your family is doing. We hope all is well. Love Kerri and family

Amber, I have a bunch of Sadie's clothes she's out grown. I will bring them when we come in May. Hopefully you can use them.

Rachel Hubbard said...

What an adorable performance...next the symphony!
How fun! Love ya. -Rachel

The High Family- said...

They really were just so cute. I am really impressed. I love that Addie got in on the action as well. You should be so proud. Austin better watch out...girls love a boy that can play piano!

Sister Brittster said...

Oh Amberbamber.... I already told you that your children are future musical geniuses....why didn't you believe me???? Macee does have amazing hand positioning, my GTA friends that play the piano would agree with me on that! And Austin was such a little pro! The next obvious step is for Aunt B to train Addie to be the opera singer she is destined to be...but we'll have to wait until she's a little older for that!