I can't begin to share just how crazy and outgoing our Wray Family members are, us totally included. It is really fun to be able to act a little crazy every now and again and be in the good company of family while doing it. Monday night was especially fun and crazy . . .
My sister-in-law Kim planned a St Patties Day family home evening. Now you have to know. Kim, she is the most outgoing of us all. I have told her many times she could make millions as a party planner. She is so inventive and she thinks of every finishing detail. She is so fun!!!! She sent out invites, in the mail! We arrived to a sea of green at Farrell and Tami's house. Kim had created St Patricks brain teasers, riddles, and questions. She served breakfast for dinner and anything that could be made green was. Now I must give the Wray Family props when they do food they do it right. No holds bar with them. They all love food so much especially my husband Kelly. Kelly often comments he can not die if there is no food in heaven, "It would be unbearable!" He often states.
We had green pancakes, green biscuits and gravy, green eggs and ham. Yes people we are keeping it real, Dr. Seuss is included! After our dinner breakfast we played a games which included; "What Do You Want At the End of Your Rainbow?", An Irish Jig contest, and The Best Dressed St. Patties Day family and individual. We were in it to win it for the best dressed. My kids really wanted to win. They kept telling me we weren't wearing enough green to win. Finally I went to Walmart and found anything I could that was green. Bad idea, my husband would say. The bank account took a serious hit but it was worth it. The kids had a bawl, we looked great , got a lot of glances driving to Blackfoot, and best of all I had a much needed laugh or two. We won the best dressed family and the best individually dressed of the night was my brother-in-law Craig. Now I have to say finding his costume was not hard because he was a Blackfoot Broncos Super Fan. Now it's been a few years since high school but he stuffed himself into his "little" costume. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants! Enjoy the pictures and my video of our Irish Jigging. It is bound to get you at least smiling if not laughing hard. To all my Wray family clan, especially Miss Kimberly Kauer, thanks for the fun memories. I hope we make lots more together. I love you all!!!!
And the winners are . . . 





6 comments:
Amber,
Don't we all look so good in all our green! It was such a fun party. So glad you are there to take the pictures. Thanks for posting them so we can see them.
Amy
Amber Sue, you guys are crazy cool! I wish I was a Wray or an honorary Wray so I could take part in such awesome festivities! You guys rock my world, Kelly can do quite the jig!
You guys look amazing and what a cool family activity! I am jealous...I know the Wray family can throw quite a party. I love the outfits! Also, thanks for your help with Dallin today...I couldn't have made it through today without you! You are a lifesaver...make that a Green lifesaver!!
Hi Amber:
This is Grandma Peterson. We are looking at all your cute stuff right now. Your parties are fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Now what's for Easter??? Can't wait to see.
Love Grandma P and Jann
This is the coolest way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day that I have ever seen! You really do have an AWESOME family. I think I could actually remember that March 17th really is a holiday if I had a celebration like that to remember it by.
P.S. Do you mind if we come join you next year? I have some news that means we'll be a whole lot closer to your neck of the woods next year at this time. I'll try to call you in the next few days to tell you about it, but if you can't wait... call us at 410-265-1558.
Amber!! How cute is your family! You would think you WERE Irish! I had to comb the article to see if you said there was a significance to the festivities, but I am most impressed everyone celebrated with only the immense fun it would render! You are a word magician. I shy away when reading your comical views of the world!
Post a Comment