Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter "Egg"-stravaganza


















Ah- Easter! I know it has come and gone and due to something weird in the calender we experienced it in March this year, instead of April. I like to spread my holidays out just a little more but we managed and had a great time doing it.


We had my family over on Saturday for an Easter Egg hunt and a ham dinner. MMMMMM! The kids had a great time and my brother and his wife even made it down from Boise for the fun. We got to experience Raylee's first Easter with her. It was great fun. My kids were out of control excited for the Easter egg hunt.

On Sunday, it was off for more Easter fun to the Wray's. The kids had another yummy dinner and there was a sea of eggs at Farrell and Tami's compliments of Tami. She sure does know how to throw an Easter egg hunt. There was a small mass of children and each child got to find 13 eggs or 12 eggs according to Farrell because, "The kids can not find an unlucky number of eggs!" There were still eggs left over I'm sure Farrell will be finding until next Easter. So you do the math: a mass of kids X 12-13 eggs a piece= a whole lot of Easter Eggs. We had a bawl!








We decided to save the kids' Easter baskets to hide on Farrell's farm. I think this is Kelly's favorite part of Easter because of his memories of Easter's spent with his cousin on his grandparents ranch in Pasimori. He likes the idea of hiding baskets in the mud and muck :)!


I also do not want you to think we forgot the real meaning of Easter. I am thankful for wonderful Primary teachers who gave meaningful lessons this past Sunday. After Primary, my kids cam running to find me. Austin and Macee both excitedly proclaimed, "Mom do you know that Jesus rose from the tomb and that He lives?" Kelly gave a wonderful FHE lesson on Monday night about the true meaning of Easter. Although, I think Austin taught half the lesson. Kelly asked what Easter was really about. Austin proclaimed, "Well dad, Jesus died for us and then He rose again and because He did that we can live again to. That means I can see Grandma Wray and Grandpa Peterson again. I am excited for that!" Out of the mouths of babes. To have such perfect faith. I would like to close with my testimony and thanks. I know Christ lives and loves us, loves us so much he bled from every pore for us and suffered alone in Gethsemane. I testify that he was resurrected and that we to will be resurrected. I am excited for the day to embrace my dad, my two grandfathers, my great grandmothers, and Claudia. What a special and wonderful gift he has given us. I testify that He knows us by name and He is aware of what we are suffering and walking through because He has already walked our path for us. I am thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who with love allowed His only Begotten Son to atone and be crucified for us. I love you all! May you all remember this week not only our love for you but the love of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

The High Family- said...

Oh, I love all the pictures! The kids look so happy. I also love that the kids easter baskets are bigger than them. Great job making easter so special for your kids and helping them to understand the true meaning of Easter!!

Nield Fam said...

Amber

You are sure are the blogging QUEEN!

Wow, I enjoyed looking at all your pics and reading your fun memories.

Keep blogging!