Hello all-
I was just sitting here trying to recall my feelings from conference. I have had a lot. I was thinking it would be nice to share my testimony with family and friends.
Today during conference I was especially touched by the new General Relief Society President Julie Beck's talk on motherhood. I was thinking how easy it is for me to get caught up in where everyone needs to be and how clean my house needs to be. Sister Beck reminded me today that the most important errand or work I have to do is in my home. My children deserve time love and my energy. Our Heavenly Father has given me precious jewels to provide and raise. I am truly blessed that he has entrusted me with His children.
I recently bore my testimony in church about the scripture used in conference today, about how by small and simple things great things are brought to pass. Also how small mean (things) can confound the wise. I have applied this scripture recently in my life concerning my children. The amazing things they say to me. The small truths they pick up from family home evening. They bear their testimony to me everyday. I often think Heavenly Father has not given me to my children for aid but rather the opposite. My children came here to remind me of heavenly truths and sacred principles.
For example, Austin asked me months ago, "Mom, how do I know I am feeling the Spirit?" I told him that we can hear whispers in our ears, tingling in our body, or a burning in our heart, it is different for everyone. Probably about a week later we were unpacking from a shopping trip and Austin tugged on my shirt as we came in the house. He looked up to me and said, "Mom I feel it in my heart, Jesus loves me!" Small and simple things confound the wise.
Another example, Macee and I were discussing the resurrection one day and how our family members that had passed away would rise and we would be with them again. One of our dear friends lost a baby last year and Macee said to me, "Mom when Jesus comes again, I will ask Jesus for baby Kason and take him to his mom." Small and simple things confound the wise.
Lastly, Addie who is only 20 months is already confounding me. At 20months she knows to fold her arms for prayer and the love she shows her dolls and her baby cousin Raylee is amazing to me. She has it down to bottle feeding and wiping the babies face. She is so open to learning. I only pray I can teach her the right way.
I just want everyone of my friends and family to know that I know this church is true, that motherhood is a sacred gift from God (although some days it doesn't feel like it), and that what has been spoken in conference so far is pure truth. I know the Book of Mormon is true doctrine and that Heavenly Father is aware of us, although sometimes we may not feel like it. I love you all!!!
Enclosed are some of my most treasured jewels!!!




4 comments:
Amber my love...the pics are so cute! I think that is the most disgustingly cute picture of Addi that I've ever seen, and you made the kids look so cute and spiffy for their first day of school. You are raising confident self-assured kids...kudos to you sis! Thank you for sharing your testimony with me, I too was touched by Sister Beck's talk, it gave me a lot to hope for in my future and also helped me to know that my ideas about family and motherhood are on the right track, its always so nice to be reminded of simple truths like that. I love you guys soooo much! Keep on keeping on.
Hey babe...I set up a blog spot!Check out www.divanamedbrittany.blogspot.com
I just wrote a novel, which also happens to be my testimony. ENJOY!
Love the pics of the kids. I didn't think it was possible, but your kids get cuter every time I see them. I really appreciated your testimony! You are wonderful. Had a great time with you guys last night!!
Hi Amber...What beautiful children and what a beautiful testimony. I know that my own children bring me my greatest joy and remind me constantly of my responsibility to keep up with them spiritually. It is a challenge.
Thanks for sharing your blog.
Love Jann
Post a Comment