Okay so I am definitely not very creative. So to be an amazing blogger I think will take some practice.
My new best friend Ashlee introduced me to this site and although we do not have family that lives extremely far away we do have some dear friends, and I thought it might be fun to check and chat with friends locally.
In my very first blog I think I would like to discuss our most exciting news! We are currently trying to sell our house and we have found a new home out in Ammon that is just perfect for us and at the perfect price. What is there to beat! Now all we do is brace ourselves and pray really hard that our house sells quickly.
We have been hard at work the last couple of weeks putting the finishing touches on our current home. We just finished remodeling the downstairs bathroom and let me tell you, it was a project. Of course with Kelly and I there always has to be an America Funniest Home Video moment!
We had layed our tile and now it was time to grout. Now let me just say, grout is NOT CHEAP! So when you mix it you want to mix it right the first time. Kelly had borrowed a construction grade mixer from our brother in law Steve and was preparing to use it to mix the grout. He added the perfect measurement of water and grout, and the only thing left to do was mix. Sounds easy right? WRONG! He turned and the mixer and our $2 bucket went flying in circles. Kelly could not get the mixer to turn off it was stuck and in order not to kill someone with the mixer he was trying to keep it in the bucket. He was chasing the bucket all over the garage and I was screaming at the kids to stay away from their dad. He finally got it turned off. I told him not to turn it on again but he thought for sure he knew what he was doing this time. He turned it on again and his little mambo with bucket started again. After a few choice words and some huffing I went in the house to get the supplies to clean off the grout that had flown all over my storage in the garage. As I returned to be Mrs. Clean I cam upon Kelly leaning over a broken $2 bucket and enough grout on my garage floor to do our little bathroom twice over. So here we are, done- two bags of grout and a couple buckets later! I am including a pic of our finished project!
The kids are all great and growing like weeds. Austin is in Kindergarten and although he had a rough start he is loving every second of it now. He is learning some new phrases I am not so sure about. The other day I said we didn't have time to do something and he said, "Ah- SNAP!"
Macee started preschool this year and of course she loves it. Her first day she ran in and I had to beg her to come back and give me a hug and kiss goodbye.
Addie is the cutest little wolf in sheep's clothing. She is trouble with a capital T but we are trying to enjoy every minute of it. She is talking up a storm and I have to admit her "I love you" could melt your heart!
Well take care all I will post some pictures of the kids for you to oh and ah at! HEE HEE!




2 comments:
Oh my love, thanks so much for posting the pics- I was going through munchkin withdrawls! I miss them all so much! This summer it was like I got to be a second mom and it was very exciting, fun, and cool to know that I could actually handle it all (even if I had to borrow your kids to figure that out!) The grout story is splendiforous! Yea for shop vacs, eh? I hope you sell your house soon and that you get to move into your perfect house that you found very soon! LUVS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, love, love your blog. You are so funny and cute. I am so glad we met and are now fast friends. You are an amazing woman, mother and wife!! Hope your house sells super fast so you can move into my neck of the woods!!
Post a Comment