Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween Part 1






Okay this week we are so cool because our lives got interesting enough to do a two part series. Wahoo! So here is the highly anticipated part 1.

This last week has seen me trying my hand at sewing. You heard me right sewing. The last time I really attempted to sew something big was my sophmore year of high school in a home ec sewing class. Don't worry I still have all of my fingers and I didn't poke my eye out. My friend Ashley and I decided to make costumes for the annual Wray Family Halloween bash. We got creative, or should I say Ashley did. She came up with the great idea of us all going as characters from the Flintstones. So Kelly and I were Wilma and Fred with our little Pebbles (Addie) and her family was the Rubbles, Betty and Barney with their little Bam Bam. I have to say it turned out dang cute. The rest of our kids went as they had planned earlier. We had a Maiter, a Zorro, and a little Witch. The kids had a total ball and the turn out at the party was great!

Kelly was not so keen on dressing up but when we got him all dressed up he was the life of the party and his new favorite phrase is, "Yabba Dabba Doo!"

Tuesday was Macee's Halloween party at Preschool and I got to help. Preschoolers are so dang cute and quit fistey too. We got to sing songs and paint pumpkins it was a ball. Also, I got a bit of a heart stopper while I was there. One of the disabled kids in the class next to ours fell and hit his head and started to seize me and another nurse recovered him and called 911. He has CP so he ended up going to the hospital for a CAT scan. He is the cutest little boy. I think he will be alright he was awake and alert when he left.

Well there is part of our exciting week. Enjoy, and prepare yourself for more because it only gets better!

3 comments:

The High Family- said...

Oh my gosh...I love it! Seriously, I am not a person that dresses up for parties, but we didn't do half bad on those costumes. The kids are stinkin adorable. Can't wait for part 2!! Or as Kelly would say, "Yabba Dabba Do!!"

Read About Michael said...

Hi Amber

Sounds like you had a great week. Thanks for sharing your cute pictures and stories. You are a talented writer.

Love Jann

Sister Brittster said...

Oh Amber Sue...you look freakin adorable! As for your shape in the costume, consider that a halter top will slim any other figure ;)
You are so cute and the kids looked fab! I can't wait to hear the rest.I love you all and I miss you a ton.