Well folks we have a graduate can you believe it? We have a graduate, it seems like only yesterday she was a tiny 4# preemie and here she is all grown up and graduated (from kindergarten that is) I think i would actually die if I was sending any of my kids off to college yet!
Yep Addie graduated from kindergarten and she was so darn cute about it too! The teachers picked one boy and one girl from each class to be interviewed and Addie was one of them. I just giggled watching her up there. This is how her interview went:
Principle: So Addie what do you want to be when you grow up?
Addie: A Dancer!
Principle: That is wonderful! Do you take classes right now?
Addie: No.
Principle: Will you show us some of your best moves?
Addie (with a curled up face like no way!) : NO!
Principle: So Mrs. Moeller is your teacher?
Addie: Yes!
Principle: What is your favorite thing she taught you?
Addie (thinking very seriously for quite sometime): Learning!
 |
| Who me? |
 |
| Lining up to receive her diploma |
 |
| Shaking the wrong hand! |
 |
| Got it right! |
 |
| Addie and her BFF Abby |
 |
| The Girl Friends |
 |
| Car Pool Group |
 |
| Daddy and his Princess! |
 |
| Mommy & her baby! |
 |
| Addie & Grandma |
I will try to post a short video later if I can figure it out. She is so funny! Out of all of the kindergartners she was really dancing during their musical numbers. She has got some mad moves!
Later that day I took her to get her hair cut by my cousin Sam and we were telling her all about Addies graduation. I was specifically showing her how Addie danced during the musical numbers. Addie stopped me and very seriously stated, "Mom Mrs Moeller said to PUT SOME RAZZLE DAZZLE IN IT! So that's what I was doing!" It was so cute how she said it just so matter of factly that I started to giggle so I hard I almost peed my pants. Ahhh Addie I love you! I can't believe you are going to 1st grade!
Just prior to graduation we got moved into our new house! Thanks to all those who helped make it happen, you are all life savers! We are trying to unpack and settle in. You would think after moving over 20 times in my life I would be use to this but we were in our last home for 8 years and I think I may have forgotten the emotional toll moving can have on people. It has been sad to say goodbye to our old home. Austin was only 18 months old when we moved in, Macee 4 months old. Addie was brought home to that house. There are a lot of memories there. We loved our ward! You are probably reading this and thinking, why did you move then? It was time. We had outgrown the space. We have prayed about moving for 4 years now but no opportunities have opened themselves up until now and we felt good about this move. I just didn't realize that moving would feel like breaking up with my old house. I have been an emotional wreck!
I am still trying to figure out how I can feel so alone in a sea of people. Our ward is over 700 members! It is HUGE! I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed and not like "outgoing Amber" I actually sat by myself in relief society 2 weeks ago and nobody said more than 2 words to me. Tons of people have said, just go over and introduce yourself! I know trust me I have thought the exact same thing but for some reason I am getting shy in my old age. Maybe Heavenly Father knew I needed this move so I could step out of my comfort zone.
We do love being out in the country but in a subdivision and the people we have met are super nice and welcoming! Do me a favor and pray that I get some guts soon. I don't know that I can feel this lonely forever! :)
Kelly had his 6 month check up at the U of U. Good News! His PSC is under control and we can now got to yearly check ups but the hepatologist was not super impressed with Kelly's diabetes management and how he is feeling about his colitis so he sent us back to IF to talk to his endocrinologist and his GI specialist to get those under control because both of those issues can flare his PSC. So we will forge forward. We are thankful for good news for now! :)
Macee is doing Sprouts this summer. It is a gardening program for kids her age. They have 2 lessons a week and the grow their own garden at the community gardens. She LOVES IT! Good thing because her mom has a black thumb and kills most anything green. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two by the end of summer! She already knows more than I do.
Austin is struggling a bit to adjust to the move. He did make one new friend up here that likes to play basketball. When his friend drops by Austin lights up and they both go and get their jam on in the driveway and the girls go and play cheerleader. They have nicknamed Austin "Mini MJ" Austin does love our new deck and watching the sunset from it. Today he read a whole book on the deck. I think it might be his new special place in the house.
Well, before you are bored to tears I will end this super lengthy post. Good night friends!
1 comment:
I'm glad you like your new house...and I know how lonely it can feel to be in a ward where people don't reach out to you and you feel like you have to reach out to them. Give it some time, if anything try to be vocal in the relief society and sunday school lessons. People will start to see how amazing and awesome you are and will want to reach out to be your friend. You'll get there and you will start to establish yourself again soon. I'm especially glad Austin has a friend. He seems so shy sometimes, its good that he will have someone when the new school year starts. I hope Macy has fun in Sprouts! It sounds like she is going to be a Herpetologist by the time she is done, sheesh! LOL...oh and...if you get the chance, get that Addie into dance lessons! LOL Love you guys! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment