Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Family Pix



 Well it has been a long time coming but here are some updated family pictures! A dear friend of mine from work Bonnie took them. I was lucky to get her too because they are only back in Idaho for a limited time while her husband was on break from medical school. She did an amazing job and we had a lot of fun around some of our favorite spots in Rexburg and some new ones too! My kids are growing up way too fast! I know I say that like every other post but I just look at these pictures and think what the heck am I feed them? They are growing like weeds! I can't hardly stand it!

Austin started 4th grade this year and he is now frequently reminding me that in 2 years he will be out of elementary school and into middle school. YIPES! We just went to a meeting about how he gets to switch classes for different subjects. He is also getting so excited for Fall basketball to start.


 Macee just started the 2nd grade and she is in the trailers this year. Her teacher let her pick her seat at back to school night so she thought that was cool. She chose to sit next to her best friend. Good choice or bad choice? Time will soon tell!! She came home with a flyer about a Bonneville cheer leading workshop and she is really excited to do that!


 Addie, ok hold on while I wipe away a couple of tears, ok that ought to do it. She started KINDERGARTEN sniff sniff. I am all alone from 8 until 11:15. I know most moms would jump for joy but it is too quiet around here almost eerie and I lost my best couponing buddy! She loves school though and comes home everyday telling me about a new friend she made. So cute, she can't ever remember their names but she remembers them by outfit selection for the day. She comes home and says, " Mom I made a new friend today!" I say, "Oh, that's exciting! What's her name?" Addie: "I don't know but she wore this cute pink skirt with this polka dot top." I taught her that attention to detail thank you very much! :)




 Kelly is doing pretty good. He was just diagnosed with severe insulin resistance which the endocrinologist thinks has been causing his low blood pressures and pass out spells. He said another year untreated he would have had full blown diabetes. The only problem now is finding a treatment for his IR (Insulin Resistance) that doesn't interfere with his UC or his PSC. Metformin is the most common drug of choice but it can cause major problems with UC patients but we have had to try it. He hasn't reacted well. When we spoke to the Dr. earlier about other choices if the metformin didn't work with his UC he said we weren't left with many because they would upset his liver. So we are sitting ducks until we meet with the endocrinologist again. Oh and another 6month check up at the U of U with the Hepatologist is coming up the end of October. I hate living my life in 6 month increments. Feeling like we get the all clear, so we go about life happy and good, for the most part, and then whoosh 6 months is at my front door again. Time goes by way too fast.


 I am doing good! I have been sick the last 3 weeks. September and October seem to be my unlucky health months. Needless to say the doctors have taken back to their poking and prodding ways with me and I have an upper GI scope on Monday. YUCK! Seriously Kelly and I make a lousy pair health wise. I told the Dr. he has to figure this out because we have to have one fully functioning healthy adult in our home. So if you can send some prayers this way I will accept them very gratefully. I love you all and up until today I wondered if anyone really read this measly little blog but I had multiple comments over the last couple weeks that this is how dear family that is far away is keeping up with us and some long lost friends too. So for all of you who care to read this is an update on us and I will try to be more consistent! LUVS! :)

9 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Beautiful pic of a beautiful family! You look amazing Amber! So skinny!! Hope you guys are doing well! We will pray for your health!

Sister Brittster said...

Love you tons girl! Everything will work out and I'm sure the docs will be able to find and fix what is wrong with you. HUGS!

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

Those are some seriously amazing photos! You guys are the cutest family around! And you my dear, STUNNING! I am sorry about in insulin resistance stuff... I had no idea! I sure hope they can get it all figured out soon! And I will be sending ALL of my positive vibes and prayers your way Monday! I LOVE YOU!

cressfamily said...

Love the new pictures! Don't worry everything will work out like it is suspose to. Love ya and your cute family will be on my prayers.

Calyn said...

Super cute new pictures! I love them. Your family is so beautiful!!! And I hope that you all have a healthy year!

Kim and Justin said...

I the your family pics. You are such a babe! I hope you and Kelly get feeling better. Luv ya girl.

JaNae Fay said...

Amber I love reading your blog posts! YOU are looking absolutely fantastic and your family is just adorable, as always. Love the pics! Sorry to hear about your recent bout of health issues. I hope they resolve quickly. Prayers and thoughts are certainly coming your way! Love you!

Emily said...

We haven't see you guys for awhile. I love reading your blog, thanks for posting! Good Luck.

Bluemel's said...

Happy to see an update of your cute family :) Good luck with everything, we'll keep you in our prayers for sure!!!