Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Miracles!

Ok I promised details! We didn't get home until after 7PM and I had to tuck my little chickletts into bed. We received a miracle today! A miracle only God could work. It is late and I am soooo tired so I will give you the sort version.

Kelly was at the U of u today for an ERCP. it is a special test with a scope that can look into the liver using contrast. Before the procedure the doctor warned us he would probably be taking some biopsy's and brushings of tissues and if he found cancerous cells he would be putting Kelly on the transplant list tomorrow. We also discussed how Kelly's previous liver function tests gave him a MELD score of 14 and that to be placed on the liver transplant list you need a score of 15. So from everything we gathered from the physician we felt like we were headed for a liver transplant VERY SOON!

I was a wreck while Kelly was having his procedure and the staff at the U of U was AMAZING! They came and got us right as Kelly came out. I asked the nurse if they got the samples they needed and she said, "They didn't take any! Dr. Hutson didn't have to do anything!" I was a bit shocked but super happy there were no cells to brush or biopsy. Enter Dr. Hutson looking a bit shocked and excited. He proceeded to tell us that Kelly's liver looked unremarkable. He could NOT see ANY signs of PSC in his liver. No scar tissue, no extra cells, and perfect fluid flow through the common bile duct. He said, "I can't explain how this is possible for sure!" From looking at Kelly's liver biopsy results and his labs he was for sure that Kelly was in at least stage 2 of PSC possibly stage 3. Now he says he is not even sure if Kelly has PSC and IF he does it is in the very beginning stages. He is not even sure he could classify it as stage 1.

Kelly and I are shocked and overjoyed to say the least. We both broke down in tears. These last 10 weeks have been some of the hardest weeks of our lives. Kelly was given a blessing before we went to SLC the first time at the beginning of September and he was blessed that his liver would heal itself in time. We didn't know how exactly or when that would happen but we both decided to do all we could and leave the rest in Heavenly Father's hands. He has given us a miracle! The power of the priesthood on the earth today is real and God reaches us through this power. Your prayers and fasting have made this miracle possible along with giving us the strength to continue on days we felt like we had nothing left to give! We are soooo blessed! Even if Kelly does have PSC, somewhere in his liver, they are not seeing any effects of it and it will probably be years and years before we see anything. Until then the doctor said we will continue to watch him closely. We will see the specialist in 6 months for a follow up and continue to see our GI doctor here in Idaho Falls so he can control the UC and continue to monitor Kelly's annual colonoscopies for colon cancer.  Tonight we feel blessed. Blessed and utterly exhausted. 

A special thanks to our parents for helping us out. Kelly's dad and step mom came with us to Utah and my parents watched our kiddos! A special thanks to Jamie and Steve for letting us stay at their house last night! Seriously I am so overwhelmed by the love of others, the love of my Savior and the presence of my guardian angels I am left speechless. Please know we love and appreciate each and every person who has touched our lives and reached out to us. We just need Kelly to keep feeling better and for his fatigue to subside. So if you are praying please pray that he can regain his strength! We love YOU! 

13 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

AMAZING NEWS!!!! I am so happy for you guys! We have been praying for you and will continue to pray for you! The Lord sure does love your family!

Tenise said...

Congratulations!!! I am just so so SO happy for you!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

That is such Great news!!! We are so happy for you and hope that all continues to go well!!! Thanks for sharing the miracle!

The High Family- said...

I love that I can see the hand of the Lord in all of this. It is a constant reminder of who is in charge. I can not say how happy our entire family is for you guys, Brings tears to my eyes.(you know for me, that is a big thing!)

cressfamily said...

Wow! I am so happy to hear that. I love seeing Our Father In Heaven works.

AubreyandTerry said...

Wow! That is great news! I am so happy for you. Your family can fianlly take a breath. I hope the good news continues!

Sister Brittster said...

Amber, I am overjoyed that you finally got some good news. Remember this, and remember how much your father in heaven loves you. You passed this test, obviously, because he made sure to bless you abundantly. Keep on truckin' girlfriend! :)

Johnson Family said...

So glad to hear things are going well. If anyone deserves a miracle, it is your sweet family. I will continue to pray for you all. Truly a miracle and so happy for you!

Steve & Katie said...

That is so GREAT! You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers, and you will stay there! Love you guys!

Lanae said...

We are happy for you and as I read your blog to Justin we both kept saying WOW over and over. If anyone questions if miracles are still on the earth you have a prime example. May Heavenly Father's most choice blessings continue in your sweet family. Justin suggests to send your story to SLC to the Ensign.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Amber, that is fabulous!! I have had your family on my mind since I read your last posts so I am so glad thigns are looking up.

Dixie said...

I just needed to check in....& then I read this. What amaizing news! I hope things continue to look up for you guys!!

Jami B. said...

No problem Amber! I am so glad to here everything went so well! You are welcome to stay here anytime! Hope things get better with you now! Our prayers are with you!