Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Holy Post Batman!

Yes I am aware it has been awhile since a post so one is long over due. What have we been up to lately? A little bit of everything! The kids finally reached summer vacation. Macee graduated from kindergarten, I know I can hardly believe it myself. I don't know how it happened but it did, she grew up on me.
(Me and Macer Doodle at Kindergarten Graduation) 
 Austin finished playing his first season of basketball. Watch out John Stockton! What Austin lacks in height compared to his fellow classmates he makes up for in heart!! One game he scored 14 points and his Coach asked him what he had for breakfast that morning. He loved every minute of it and looks forward to playing again next spring. I think the girls enjoyed playing cheerleader for him!
From basketball we went straight to baseball and t-ball. Yes I am crazy! All 3 of my kids are playing some sort of baseball but if you knew about my husbands favorite baseball team it would not be much of a surprise to you. Austin is playing pitching machine and has become quite the little slugger. Macee is loving being part of the "Pink Princess" team which Kelly's company is sponsoring. Addie is playing in Iona and her team is called the "Sultans of Slaught" My best friend is coaching her team. Addie is having fun but she is such a girly girl I do not know if baseball can hold a candle to make-up, dresses, or Barbie movies!
(Addie and Cade on the last day of preschool with Miss Jenny)
I have been working A LOT more hours this summer because my younger sister is on summer break from college and needed a job so boy did I give her one. I will have to say, though, she has handled most all of it with a smile and she is much more imaginative than I am. I come home and hear many tall tales about the things the kids did with Aunt B while I was gone.
Kelly is working hard! He has battled some health issues lately but you wouldn't know it looking at him. No matter how awful he feels he pops out of bed and goes to work to support our family. We love him and couldn't make it without him. He recently enjoyed father's day when of course we showered him with gifts. A new t-shirt, a 49ers jacket, and his new favorite toy a GPS system for our car. If you know Kelly and I our strong suite is NOT our sense of direction thus was born 2 Island Parks and some long trips down wrong gravel roads. We decided to name our GPS I think we will call her "Trish" We are careful to thank her in every way for her help in getting to our destination. We were able to acquire her services for our recent trip to Manti, Utah for our Wray Family Reunion. She got us there safe and sound with Kelly driving of course!
Our family reunion was so fun. The Manti pageant was A-MAZING. I was so touched by the spirit. There is no way to really describe it but you can not walk away from that pageant without your testimony being fueled! The kids had a super fun time with all of their cousins. My sister in law and I were discussing how getting everyone together is not easy or cost efficient but it is so worth it for the sake of our kids and our family bond. The ties that bind. I am so grateful for the good relationships we have with Kelly's family. I love them ALL! Especially all of my cute nieces and nephews!!
So onward we shall press with summer as long as my kids don't kill each other first. What is it with siblings fighting. I swear all they do is hit, fight, taunt, and flaunt to each other! YIPES! Heaven help me and my sanity and may Heavenly Father grant me the patience to persevere. Luvs!!!!

4 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Sounds like a fun, busy summer! Enjoy the nice Idaho weather when you have it because Missouri is way too hott for me! We miss you guys and are glad to hear you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Two Island Parks? You made my morning! Love you guys!

AubreyandTerry said...

Hey, haven't talked to you in a while. Looks like you are having tons of fun. Don't you love the Manti Pageant. I've been there once with my family and we had a great time. Love the pictures of the kids... so cute!

The High Family- said...

The pic of Cade and Addie is adorable. Though I will make fun of you forever for the," Sultans of Slaught" comment. Sultans of Swat Amber! Come on. You need to catch up on a little Sandlot. Ha ha. I am funny.