Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ROOMS

So I have been thinking a lot lately about my house and the rooms in it. Maybe it is because our house has been on the market for 2 months now with no lookers. We have even, in my opinion, drastically reduced the price! I have come to the conclusion that most people look at a house as an empty box. When layed out in the right way can be filled with their stuff. So when they are searching the MLS they are specifically looking for the HOUSE I just described but wouldn't it be better if they looked more intently for a HOME!

Growing up, we moved quite a bit and every time I would cry and cry and beg my parents not too. I felt comfortable where we lived and I didn't want to have to move everything around, downsize my precious things, and make new friends. I remember one move in particular was so hard that I was almost inconsolable. My dad sat me down and said, "Amber you know this is just a house. Our home will be anywhere we are all together. It is where we will make memories, that will be our home." I have always remembered that!

So that is what I want to tell people looking for houses. How my house can be their home! The memories they could make here. I want to explain all of the great memories we have made here and how this small house could bring them a large amount of joy! If you are reading this and you are looking for a house to make a home then let me share with you how this house has been our home, room by room.

LIVING ROOM

As you enter the front door you will find the living room. It has been just that a place to live! There is a large window in our living room and when the blinds are open it can warm the whole upstairs. As little tots the kids would love to lie in the sunbeams on the carpet and warm themselves. We have had multiple Birthday parties with lots and lots of family seated all around the living room. This is the room Macee ate her 1yr birthday cake in. She stuck her whole face right in it. Good thing I had layed down a table cloth before she started! Here is where the kids hunker down if they are sick. I have rocked all of my babies in this room. We have had Karaoke parties and played many board games here.

KITCHEN
Mmmmm my favorite place, though I am not much of a cook! This room has seen dancing like you wouldn't believe. I'll let you in on a little secret...Kelly likes to dance. My girl hood dream has come true in this room. My husband has come home from work on more than one occasion turned up the music grabbed my hand and danced with me. Just tonight he was teaching me some ballroom moves he learned at a work function today. I LOVE to laugh and dance with him. The girls love to steal my IPOD, turn on high school musical songs, and put on their best church dress and dance their little hearts out. They twist and turn. Addie likes to shake her "booty" as she calls it!

MASTER BEDROOM
This room has seen a grown man rocking and singing to babies, a couple of bassinets, and has nursed me back to health on more than one occasion. In this room I have layed for literally months on and off over the last 4 years recuperating from various life changing medical problems.






OFFICE/BEDROOM
This room has been bright yellow, green, and now a neutral color. It has seen teddy bear border and then a jungle border. Each one of my children have slept in this room as infants. For a better part of 3 years there was either a crib, a toddler bed or both in there. Now it sees little girls on their belly coloring and building animal ranches with wooden blocks. Occasionally you will find a crazy couponing women in there killing a tree a day printing out coupons and scoping out the best deals!

FAMILY ROOM
Oh my goodness, this has been a multi purpose room of sorts. It has been a toy room, a movie room, and in special instances it has been the great outdoors for 3 little kids wanting to camp out in a turtle tent. It is an ever changing room with purpose!

LAUNDRY ROOM
I had to list this one so you can laugh at me! This where I have teared up many times over mounds and mounds of laundry. The laundry mummy has attacked me in this room. Here is the little cocoon that started to hold my couponing finds! I have mixed emotions about this room!

As you can see our house has a lot of character and has enjoyed some TLC, some laughs, and some tears. I love my home but I can't deny the spirit telling me the Lord needs me somewhere else. I don't know where but it is time for me to find a new owner, who can make many more memories here. It is time for me to take my family and make some new memories in a new space and hopefully make some new friends along the way!

5 comments:

Lanae said...

I'd buy your "home" without hesitation if we were in a position to do so. I want to be closer to more family and IF would be the place for it. Take care, you're awesome! Everything works out the way it needs to with the right timing.

Sister Brittster said...

Hunny, when its meant to be, the right buyer will come along and see all the possibilities that you saw 7 years ago when you bought it. Keep the faith and enjoy the time you have left there. Make more memories and embrace that perhaps while you are prepared and ready for a change, the Lord needs you there for just a little while longer.

Idaho5smiths said...

Sorry, being very selfish here but I don't want you guys to move!!! And not just because we would have to find another new primary teacher. I'm really glad I have had the chance to get to know you Amber. I really think you are an amazing person and a great friend. When you do finally move it will be because the Lord will have prepared another place for you to bless with your talents.

Johnson Family said...

I'm sorry. I hope things look up soon. The market is tough right now, but I know the Lord has a plan for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Justan Observer said...

Thanks for making me take a minute to appreciate my own home and family. That was touching.

Now down to business.... We need to find you a buyer so you can move to the tropical paradise of Rigby!