Monday, October 5, 2009

Surgery Nightmares Part 6

Well all. I really try to remain positive but after 6 surgeries and the craziest of things happening I have learned that nothing is outside the realm of possibilities and if it is a slight chance it usually happens to me but I have also learned that Heavenly Father pre-plans for us and puts the right in people in the right place at the right time.
What was supposed to be a simple sinus surgery turned into another near death experience for me. Kelly is usually a very deep sleeper but was prompted to wake up and check on me early Sunday morning to find me barely breathing and non coherent. I don't remember much except for seeing a bright light all around me and I could hear Kelly's voice but it was so far away and I couldn't talk or beath. Kelly stayed calm and called my family and loaded me in the van and we went straight to the ER. When I got there my Oxygen sats on RA were 42% Normal if greater than 90%. They told Kelly if he would not have gotten me there when he did I probably would have had a complete respiratory code and probably would've died. Thank you Heavenly Father for putting a man in my life who honors his Priesthood and follows the promptings of the spirit.
I am also thankful for my sister Brittany who was at my house in 2 seconds flat when Kelly called. I do remember her grabbing my hand while Kelly got the van and saying a prayer for angels to watch over me. Thank you Brittany for being there and moving home just in the nick of time.
Also it was a huge blessing that my best friends sister (actually she is one of my BFF's too) was staying at her house and my friend was able to come and be with me in the ER. I don't know what it is but in a scary situation it is very nice to have familiar face around.
So here I sit, Aspiration Pneumonia is my diagnosis and my body is just plain tired. My plan to get well soon. Thanks for all your well wishes and help.

8 comments:

Leslie and Josh said...

Holy COW!!!!!! Amber that is amazing that your husband just woke up when he did! Thank Heaven your still alive. I don't think you need to be leave your sweet little ones motherless. Heavenly Father must be looking out for you big time. I'm glad that you seem to be ok and just tired right now. Maybe you should look into using theraputic grade essential oils to help you stay healthy.
Glad you're ok.

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I am so sorry that you have gone through this! You are such a strong women and this will only make you stronger! I hope you get better and remember that we love you!

Megan and Alyvia said...

Holy moly!!! I am so glad you are okay, that is sooo scary!! What a blessing your hubby woke up when he did...Heavenly Father is most def looking out for you and your little family, my prayers are with you, get feeling better :)

cressfamily said...

Amber I am so sorry that you had to go through that. We were just talking last sunday and y ou said that the worst things possible was going to happen to you. You have been in my prayers all weekend. I know that Heavenly Father still needs you here. If you need anything please call even if it is to pick up kids so you can have a break. Get better.

The High Family- said...

Remember to get some rest! That is the only way you are going to get better. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep!! Think of it as a mini-vaca from the kiddos. Hugs(that is big, you know I don't hug!)

Sara said...

WOW Amber! I am so glad you are doing better! You may have a lot of challenges, but it is easy to see all of your blessings!

Johnson Family said...

Wow, I am sorry things with the surgery have been so crazy. I am glad that Kelly woke up and was able to get you help. I hope things are going better.

Chris said...

Amber, Oh my! You've been through a lot! I'm so glad that things worked out okay in the end! Your blog entry made me cry! You are so good to find happiness in the little moments!