Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Little Moments

I thought I would blog about the little moments that are giving me reason to smile lately:


What happens when mom is down in bed, the visiting teachers are doing laundry, and dad is picking out the kids' school clothes? Answer: Austin ends up wearing Macee's pants to school and we didn't notice until family home evening. A day late and a dollar short. Austin said, " I thought they felt tight!" Oh boy, this event could scar him for life and what do I do? Take pictures to document our Kodak moment! We love ya Austin!

What happens when your 3 year old is off schedule and hits her funny bone playing spies in grandma's coat closet? Answer: She falls asleep standing up with only her head on your lap. I had my sister put her in my arms and it made me smile. Addie is still my baby contrary to her popular belief so it is nice to get a snuggle moment, especially when I almost lost my chance for anymore snuggle moments permanently. This is one of those moments Visa or MasterCard would call "Priceless!"

And last, but certainly not least: What happens when you can not be exposed to any germs but the doctor says, "To the hospital for another chest x-ray!" You put on a face mask to keep the germs out, but then you feel like a weirdo. Everyone stares at you like you are infected with the H1N1. So you don't feel weird ,or alone, your sister dons a mask, and this is what you get . . . smiles behind the mask!


So go out today and find your little moments! I promise you'll smile! :)

4 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Such a cute post Amber! I do feel sorry for Austin! Poor guy! He is so sweet! My little moment lately was when I got my husband home for 24 hours before he flies out again and all he wanted to do was hold and kiss me. He had a ton of homework, but nothing else in the world seemed to matter! Gotta love those little moments! Those are what make life great!

Mindy said...

Amber you are amazing! It's good to see you still have your sense of humor. We miss you at work. Hope to see you soon.

Sister Brittster said...

Amber Sue, I am so glad that you are enjoying the little moments. I've been having plenty of my own since I've been helping out and it has made it even better to do so. My favorite was Sunday when I went to your sacrament meeting with your kids. I started to sing and both Austin and Macee sang out and tried to sound like me...it was adorable, and today as I drove Addie to preschool, she started to sing out as loud as she could to all of Belle's parts on my Beauty and the Beast soundtrack...it was a great ride. Love you. I am grateful you're around to annoy still!

Marcie said...

What fun little moments and CUTE kids! I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Austin's pants. Too funny! I'm sorry to hear all you've been through lately...I'm sure it just makes those special times with family all the more sweeter. Hang in there!!