I have been so excited to post about this! I set a goal in late June with my BFF that we were going to run a half marathon together. So I have trained and trained and trained some more. I have run my little heart out! Before the 1/2 marathon I had only run about 9.5 miles. During training I ate pavement twice and was chased by some dogs but most of all while I was training I found myself!
I am not a runner. I did not run track in high school. I never even passed the Presidential mile in grade school. You all know my in depth health problems. When my friend asked me I thought, "Your kidding right!" but I DID IT!!!! I love hitting the pavement and zoning out. It is so therapeutic for me. The running bug has bitten me bad! It helps I had an awesome friend to encourage and support me through training and running. I also have an awesome sister-in-law who is a super rock star. This was her second year running a 1/2 marathon. She is lightening fast and I aspire to one day get a running time somewhere in her ball park. She was so excited for me she decided to run with me even thought she had already run the Logan marathon the weekend before. She helped calm my nerves and she cheered me on! Love ya Mandy!!!!
1 day ago




11 comments:
You GO GIRL! You look gorgeous even running...I am so jealous! Congrats on reaching such an awesome goal. You are my hero. Way to push thru the pain. You rock.
I am so dang impressed!! I for one am not a runner either so the fact that you got out there and did it is totally amazing to me! Good job!!
I feel like one of my children has just graduated. I really am so proud of you. I know you were nervous, BUT YOU DID IT!! You are a rockstar and truly deserve your rockstar button!
Wow, I am so impressed! That is something I want to do so bad, but I just haven't yet. I love your kids' shirts, and I think that is so sweet how they and your husband crossed the finish line with you! Great job!!!!
You are a ROCKSTAR! You did AMAZING and should be soooo proud of yourself! I couldn't have run even 1/4 of that in a week let alone a couple hours! You are my inspiration! Thanks!
You are really a beautiful gal. Don't ever say the u word, especially when talking about yourself. I think you are so awesome for such an accomplishment. It is obvious how good you feel about reaching your goal.
Amber you ROCK!! You are such an amazing woman. Your are an insprition to us all. Way to achieve your goal.
Way to Go!!!! You ahve me in tears! I am so proud of you Kim
Super Job! That is awesome that you were able to accomplish that!
Go Amber!! That is AWESOME!!!! I love the t-shirts your kids sported for support, so cute!! :)
Ummm...that was actually, me Megan...woops I am on my work computer
Post a Comment