Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Bye Summer . . . Hello School!!!

WOW! Is it just me or did summer fly by? We have had so much fun going on small family trips, at family reunions, and playing! I have really neglected my blog lately due to all of the fun in the sun, but now it is back to business. Below are pictures of our last hooray to the cabin and a little day trip through Yellowstone Park. It was a lot of fun and now I remember why we only go through the park once every 2 years. The kids had fun playing with their cousins and seeing the sights in Yellowstone. Although, Addie did find the sand around Old Faithful more intriguing than Old Faithful itself but she's 3! What more could you ask for? The kids also just started school last week. All 3 of them! I know, crazy! It still blows my mind that they are all growing older so quick! Austin just turned 7 in July and has started 2nd Grade. He is so super smart and has the vocabulary of a small Webster's dictionary. He loves learning and has told me, "I am going to be the best at Math this year. I am going to practice so hard!" We know he will! He's a pretty determined kid. Macee just started Kindergarten. Saying goodbye to her last week was much easier than saying goodbye to Austin but maybe that is because she pretty much left me in her dust running to play with all of her friends and get in her seat! She is Miss Independent and is also doing well. She LOVES school and I think if someone asked her to go all day she would jump at the chance! Watch out world here she comes!!! Addie Mae has started Preschool. Now this was super hard for me! Just thinking about my last and final baby being old enough to fly away from the nest for a bit, so to speak. She so wants to be right there with her big brother and big sister, doing everything they do. Starting school makes her "a BIG GIRL" she professes to me often. The best part of her Preschool for me was picking her up the first day after school. She took one look at me and said, "MOMMY!" as she ran to wrap her little arms around my legs. That is the best feeling in the world, little arms wrapped around your legs in pure excitement and love. Well that is a brief update on a whole month of fun!

5 comments:

Caralee said...

So cute! I agree that summer went by so fast. Congrats on having all the kids in school, now what kinds of fun things do you have planned? It looks like you are still loving your camera. See you later!

The High Family- said...

Really, so cute, it is sick.(yes, I am using an amber-phrase) They look like little models. It is sick.

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

You children are so beautiful! How you do your girl's hair I will never know! Can you come over and do my hair everyday? Please! I'll be your friend forever!

Sister Brittster said...

Cute Cute Cute! I love you all tons! I can't wait to come home for good so I can play!

Megan and Alyvia said...

Summer was fun, but busy! Glad to see you back to blogging! ;) And seriously, how do you get such stinkin cute kids?!