I can't believe the 4th of July has come and gone already! I can faintly recall some anxiety over having to keep the kids entertained all summer and thinking I might lose my mind but now I almost wishing for more time this summer.
Life has been crazy this past month with T-Ball, swim lessons, work, and church callings. I feel like June flew by! Where does the time go? Obviously I am not getting any younger! I remember being excited for Birthdays but now the only thing that might excite me about a birthday is if I could lose one year every year instead of gaining one!
Our 4th of July was fun filled and we were lucky enough to have my sister Brittany stay with us. It has kind of become a 4th of July tradition. My kids absolutely love her. I think if they could trade me in they would for her!
We had fun at the parade here in Idaho Falls and thanks to our friends we had prime seating and Grandpa & Grandma Wray even joined us! After the parade Kelly was insistent we head over to the river to get a spot because he was determined for the kids to experience the fireworks from a first class spot. Let me say I was not too fond of the idea of sitting down at the river for 10 hours but it turned out to be a fun adventure. I think we all got an awesome farmer tan, we got rained on, and ran into some old friends. The kids were so excited when the fireworks started. All three of them gathered on Kelly's lap and as I watched the fireworks and gazed at my children snuggled with my husband, the thought hit me, we have turned one corner in our lives. You see 9 years ago Kelly and I sat in about the exact same spot on our first date, which happened to be a blind date! Now here we sat with three beautiful children and I hope someday we will bring our grand kids back to this spot! I recently got a vinyl quote to put up in my house and I love reading it, especially when my kids are sitting in time out underneath of it. Russel m Ballard said "What matters most in life lasts the longest and our families are for eternity." I am so glad my family has the power to last for eternity. Words can't begin to express how much I love them!
1 day ago




3 comments:
You guys are awesome and it looks like you had a blast. I wish my family was as cool as yours!
Adorable! Love it! The song choice was not my favorite. ha ha! Cameron would have poked his eyes out listening to that song. Thanks for sharing!
How fun! What a special thing to share with your kids. And way to go - sticking it out for 10 hours. You must be a super woman.
Post a Comment