Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hawaii Report Day #1

Well, we made it! We went to heaven on earth, Kauai, Hawaii! I wanted to tell you all about our trip but there is so much to tell I decided to break it up into individual blog posts by days in Hawaii so you get to enjoy all the fun from our trip! 

We left on Saturday morning out of Idaho Falls airport and we spent most of the day Saturday flying or waiting to fly. It seemed to take forever and with the time change and our layovers it took about 14 hours to get to Kauai. We flew to SLC and had a layover and then on to LA where we thought we might be running to our next gate but we were lucky enough to deplane at the gate right across from our boarding gate.
We got to experience California Pizza, lots of movies, and gossip magazines. I kind of have a little fear of flying so I was a little wound up the first bit of the trip but after you change planes a couple hundred times you start to get an acquired taste for it.
We finally made it to Kauai at 5PM Hawaii time. It was amazing to step off of the plane and smell hibiscus and feel warm air. the Kauai airport is pretty much an open air airport. Birds were flying in and out and little lizards scurried across the floor. 
We made our way on the main road in Kauai about 30 minutes to our friends condo and checked in. We got a taste of POG, passion, guava, orange juice. Kelly and Cameron were in love the moment it hit their taste buds. It was delicious and the boys were asked to give us a Leigh greeting. It was so fun! We checked in went and got some amazing Mexican food. Crazy I know but it was so fresh and delicious!
If you watch my slide show you will meet three new friends, Fernando, Fredrico, and George. Their story will follow in the next post. Stay tuned for day #2 and to meet Kelly's new long lost friends! 

8 comments:

reisnersest03 said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Katie said...

Isn't Hawaii beautiful? We thought that the airport was neat too. Kauai was my favorite island. Hopefully you got to see the Napoli (I don't know if I spelled that right) Coast. I can't wait to see more pics, it makes me miss it!

Sister Brittster said...

Okay....lots of pictures of flying, but not so many of Hawaii...but I am glad you made it safely! HUGS and LOVES!

Caralee said...

I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. How fun! I am glad you are back safely and had such a great time. You and Kelly absolutely deserved some R&R.

Megan and Alyvia said...

How fun, cant wait to see more pics!!

Johnson Family said...

Looks like a blast. I can't wait to see more pictures of your Hawaiian adventure!

Marcie said...

That's mean to keep us in such suspense about the rest of your trip! It looks like so much fun though. I love Hawaii!! We went a few years ago and it's the best!

Boyters said...

a Little off the subject...but I have been thinking about you the last few days...On fast sunday we were listening in church...and I was sad that I didn't get to hear your testimony...i always enjoyed that.
So excited for you to have this well deserved break
HAVE FUN