You know that old saying "patience is a virtue" Well I am living that statement true to form. Add in some humility and I think we may have a testimony building experience happening now! Let me tell you a little bit about my week, not to make you feel sorry for me but so that you understand where my mind and spirit are at. Last Monday our modem broke down, Tuesday our oven started an electrical fire, Addie got a toothache and the dentist told me we may have to put her under anesthesia again because she has an infection in her tooth that is eating her jaw bone, I saw the Ear Nose & Throat Doctor because the pain and swelling from my abscessed tooth has not gone away. Verdict: I have a mass in my neck, probably a lymph node, that is so swollen it is pressing on the different glands in my mouth and causing pain in my ear, neck, and jaw. So more antibiotics a possible CT scan and surgery in my future.
Then the clincher, last night. Kelly had an emergency appendectomy! Oh boy folks, if I thought I was humble before I am really on my knees now. I have not handled most of this too gracefully. There have been tears and anxiety about it all. I have to stop though and now tell you where the testimony building comes in!
Just when I thought I was at the end of my rope last Wednesday my visiting teacher showed up out of the blue on my doorstep. She says to me, "I just had this overwhelming feeling I needed to stop!" Just when i felt all alone and like God had stopped listening here He goes blessing me with one of His angels to listen and help. She brought a meal into us because we are stove and oven-less and she arranged for Kelly and I to have Priesthood blessings. It was thoroughly needed! You know when the rainy days come that just pour and pour, you almost give up hope that the sun will ever shine again? Welcome to my torrential rain folks! So my visiting teachers sweet husband and our home teacher came and gave us beautiful blessings that were much needed and the overwhelming power of the spirit and those in attendance from beyond the veil brought warmth, peace, and comfort. Saturday a dear friend from work showed up at my house with a little gift bag of goodies and a note with a testimony that if I prayerfully listened to conference then all of my questions would be answered in the speakers words. The goody bag was full of things for my kids to do so that I could truly listen to conference. Her warm embrace and encouragement as she left brings peace to me again just writing about it.
Conference brought encouragement. The encouraging words that the Lord knows me by name, that I am not alone. The thought that I may not know in this life why I have had to face the struggles I have but that there is purpose in the refiners fire. I think I have resolved myself that I need a lot of refining! So refine and fire we shall!
It is the spiritual boost I received during conference that helped me through last night. I think I am just riding the wave of whatever is coming. It was so hard to see Kelly so sick last night and in so much pain. It is weird that our roles are reversed this time. Now he is the patient and I am the supporter and cheerleader. I don't know if I am as good at this as he is. He is much more calm than I am, I am the eternal worrier and control freak. I can admit that!
I am so thankful for all those who have called, helped with our kids, came to the hospital to give priesthood blessings, and those who sat with me till 1AM when Kelly got out of surgery. You all are my earth angels. Thank you for being willing to serve, share, and listen to the spirit. Keep it coming, you are just the boost we need to make it through all of this! We love you all! Know that we know that Christ lives, that God loves us and knows us by name and we are in his constant care!!!!

7 comments:
Goodness you guys had a rough night! I hope Kelly is doing better! Tell him that he is in our prayers. You both are so strong! You can get through anything.
Hey... if your kids need somewhere to come play for a while... I'm always here!
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. If you need anything, let me know. I will keep you in my prayers.
You maintain such a wonderful attitude during the trials and tribulations. You constantly amaze me. We are thinking of your family and hope that all will be better very soon!
Man, when you get slammed, you get it all! But when does it ever end for you? I hope you hang in there. You totally rock and aree truly a hero. Let me know if you anything!
One thing that comes to mind is something Pres. Eyering said during conference. He said how our struggles are an evidence of God's love for us. He must love your family a lot! I hope Kelly gets better fast and that you all make it through the next little while.
Glad he is feeling better and that we could help with the kids. We loved having them. You really are so blessed through your trials and have a ton of people that love and care about your family.
Post a Comment