WARNING: If you are about to read this post . . . I am truly young at heart and occasionally I like to relive the old glory days and scream and dance to someone I love to hear sing. I am really a 16 year old living in a 27 year old body!
My "Arch Angel" is little David Archuleta. What can I say he is just a cutie patootie! And for someone so young he sure can sing enough to make a girls heart melt! Last night I had the pure delight of dragging my poor, yet supportive husband, to the David Archuleta Concert at the Civic Auditorium. I was so out of control excited. I was lucky enough to get tickets about 3 weeks ago on Real Deal of The Week and the concert was completely sold out! When I scored the tickets I ran around the house screaming, whooping, and hollering. Here is the part where I relive being 16 again. Now admit it, somewhere deep down inside we all like to act like a kid again because quite frankly we are all merely kids living in aging bodies! Anyway, I was so excited and much to Kelly's dismay he was going to have to accompany me but because he loves me he did it!
The concert was crazy! People started lining up at about 1PM to get in and the doors did not open until 7PM. Tween girls made up about 90% of the crowd. Loud Tween Girls mind you! Maybe we are a little bit sneaky but the line when we made it there, after a delightful dinner at Stockman's Steak House, instead of lining up about 2 blocks away we mingled around the front of the Civic and when the doors opened we merely just flowed with the congregation. It was first come first serve seating. I have never seen so many people, tweens, moms, and dads alike run and fight for seating. It was better than Black Friday Shopping. We scored seats on the floor but toward the back in row W, but good seats just the same!
Don't worry I pulled off some serious hand waving with the crowd, pictures, and I definitely sang my heart out. The decibel level in that auditorium was out of control. Imagine hundreds if not thousands of Tween Girls screaming the highest loudest high pitch scream that they have to share! But how could they not, David is just as cute in person as he is on TV and Kelly was even surprised at his vocal skills and his music. Archie even sang some songs by other artists. My favorite one he sang was "Love" by Jason Moraz. It was a super fun night and muchly deserved after a few months of craziness. Thanks to my husband for sucking it up and smiling and pretending to enjoy himself for my cause. Although, I think deep down inside, he loved every minute of it!
Can you see the excitement in his face!!!!
Can you see the excitement in his face!!!!




8 comments:
How fun! Glad you had a good time.
Fun!! He is an awesome singer and is so cute (in a little boy sort of way... hee hee). My sister Malory has tickets to the Pocatello concert and she's dragging her husband too! I'm glad you had such a blast!
You already know how jealous I am! It should have been me with you, but I guess Kelly is decent compensation...HUGS!
Ahh!!! You are just a little 13 year old girl inside! Ha ha! I am glad you had a blast!!!! It looks way crowded in there! There were a lot of teenie boppers! Goodness! Tell Kelly he was sweet to go with you! Have a great week! This past weekend was fun and I'm glad I got to know you better!
Kelly does look like he is being tortured! He is a trooper, though deep down I know he loved it. You totally deserved going to see him. I hope you aren't partially deaf due to all the teenny boppers!!
You guys look like you had so much fun! Amber, you look really cute in all these pictures!
Yay AMber!!! I finally found your blog... How random that I just stumbled upon it from Lauren's blog.... I am a true stalker! Anyhoo..... Your kids are adorable and you are (as always) adorable!
Love you! Mary (Allen) Duncan
Amber
How fun for you! Yes this ghost from the dustis back...And better than ever! Haha. YOur girls are so adorable. That little Addie about melts my heart.
Post a Comment