Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday Success

Well all I am happy to post that I did it! I managed to snatch an amazing camera the day after Thanksgiving! Let me tell you, it was a little death defying but than again I have practice in that area!

I could not believe the number of people in Walmart on Black Friday. Yes, it is usually a little hairy kerry but this is the worst I have seen it in my 8 years of Black Friday shopping excursions. Let me tell you, I just about sacrificed my body for this camera but it was so worth it! I guess it is my early Birthday present to myself!!!

We also braved Target and that my friends scared me. i don't usually go to Target if I don't have to but this year there were a couple of must haves. My super duper sister-in-law, Holly really got into it this year and took off running to find the items I needed and I am happy to report she was so quick she got all of the items I needed and both were the last ones left. Some guy almost attacked her for my Barbie house but she was tougher than him. HA HA!

I know I am crazy but for some odd reason I enjoy the adrenaline rush of seeking out my special items and then diving in there for them. I could not ever do it though without my sister Brittany, she has become my little elf the last 3 years. She has sacrificed her body for fleece blankets at Old Navy, cabbage patch dolls, barbies, and baby toys. She even has the scars to prove it! I have also been lucky enough to snag my friend Ashley for the last 2 years. She tells me I'm crazy every year but I know deep down she loves it as much as I do! :) Love ya Ash!

Well it was a great holiday. i loved having my brother, his wife, and their new baby here to visit. I had fun pulling an all nighter and shopping then going to visit Kelly's family. I also got to have a mini reunion with some great friends from High School. It was so fun to talk and catch up!!!

Then yesterday I got to work about 10 hours and then we went to the Sizzler for dinner! Yum!!!! Needless to say we have kicked off the holiday season and although I love it I think I could use a major nap!!!! Happy Holidays all and stay tuned for me to go a little blog crazy now that I have my new camera! :)

Click to play Thanksgiving 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi, Amber!!
So it's in Heber City. You can google it... You and your family should totally go! I'm doing pretty good. How have you been feeling?

Sister Brittster said...

Oh Amber Sue, I wouldn't want to Black Friday shop with anyone but you!!!! Thank you for sacrificing your body for MY new camera...you rock! I was so happy to be with everyone and I can't wait for two weeks to be over so that I can come home for a month and a half and enjoy a little REAL downtime with you guys! HUGS!!!!!!!

Marcie said...

Wow, you are one brave woman! I'm glad you got so many great deals, and even a new camera. That's awesome!

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Glad to hear you survived the week! Call me if you can still play tomorrow. I am sure the girls will love it. Congrats on all the great steals!

The High Family- said...

You should get a shirt that says, "I am a Black Friday PRO!" I on the other hand should get a shirt that say, "Black Friday scares me, but I go anyway!"

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

No worries, we'll try again sometime this week. Give me a call when you are free.

Hillary said...

Sounds like I am going to have to give it a try next year. I have been too wimpy, but it sounds so fun! Hope all is well.