![]() |
| Make a Smilebox greeting |
Yep, it's decided. I will be having surgery next Thursday. I am super nervous and scared but a lot of prayer and some priesthood blessings have given Kelly and I the confirmation that this surgery needs to be done.
The doctors are going to try to do the surgery laproscopically if they are able to. I am at high risk and a poor candidate for laproscope but I have one of the best surgeons in the western United States preforming the surgery. If he can't do it laproscopically no one can.
If they can not maneuver the scope or see what they need to see they will have to open me up again. OUCH! Which means longer recovery time but maybe we can get me back to good health with this procedure. They are going to remove my last and only ovary and my appendix. Removing the ovary will put me into Menopause at age 26 but I feel this will be better than being in pain and down in bed on and off.
After conference this weekend and seeing a few of my friends recently, I have realized how blessed I am. I think when you become isolated from others and face awful trials you can easily loose sight of how blessed you are. I would not trade my trials for anyone elses' I have truly seen how inspired the Lord is and just how deep HIS eternal views are. I know he doesn't give us anything we can't handle as long as we are staying close to the spirit and we remember to count our blessings.
I was deeply touched by so many conference talks this last weekend but especially President Monson's talk about living in the moment and not chasing yesterdays and worrying about the future but staying in the here and now. He quoted Professor Harold Hill, in Meredith Willson’s The Music Man,“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.”
Today I tried a little harder to really hear my children to take an extra minute to give a hug or wipe Addie's tear=filled eyes. I totally can see what President Monson said about missing these times with our kids when they are grown, even though now there are days I would like to pull my hair out! :)
President Monson also said,“Don’t save something only for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion.” Every day that we have to live and breath, hug and kiss, laugh and dance is a special occasion. Last time I checked all those things can be done on a regular basis if we take the time to do them!
My heart is full and my testimony is strong, Jesus Christ lives, our Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He knows us by name. He walks gently beside us waiting for us to take His hand. I am a daughter of God who has been blessed with a wonderful husband and three beautiful heritages of the Lord and I know there are two more spirits waiting on the other side for me to be their mother. I know without any doubt the gospel true and one of the most plain and precious things in my life. I sustain Thomas S. Monson, his counselers, and the twelve apostles as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. I testify that Heavenly Father knows your name and He is aware of you and desires to help you. I love this gospel and I am so thankful for the trials in my life that have brought me to this testimony! I bear these things to you as a witness of my Savior Jesus Christ. In his name, Amen





7 comments:
Remember what I said, "YOU CAN DO THIS!" Things will be better afterward. I really am so sorry that you have had to endure this for so long. You are a trooper!
Amber,
Best of wishes on your surgery next week. We will be praying that all goes well. Also, thanks for the reminder of what's really important. I loved your testimony. Take care and know we'll be thinking of and praying for you.
Oh Amber Sue! You know my prayers are with you. If I could work it out to come home and be with you, I would. I am glad that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and are finding new and stronger faith. I love you deeply and I know that the Lord is looking out for you and blessing you. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the time you have with your children (I know I love spending time with your kids!) They are each special and have something to offer into your life if you will let them! Keep the faith and know that you are in my prayers!
I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. You are in my heart and prayers. I know I am not very close, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I admire your attitude and hope the best for you.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. You inspire me. I really hope your surgery goes well. I will be praying for you.
Cute pics of the kids. Good job getting ready for Halloween early. I haven't even thought about it yet. I better get moving. Good luck with surgery. I hope this will help ease many of your health problems. We are thinking of you and your family.
Girl... You maintain a positive attitude despite a negative situation. Good for you! It's a lot more that anyone else could/would do. I also loved what Pres. Monson conveyed in conference on Sunday (that inspired ME): "Find joy in the journey." Kids have a way of making that a pretty easy job, thankfully! And what's this about having 2 more spirits that are waiting on the other side??? Hmmm. Love ya, good luck with your surgical proceedings and I'm praying for you! You ARE lucky to have Robison on your side! He is not only talented but has proven time and time again to use the spirit in his medical practice. What a guy!
Post a Comment