Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bend It Like Beckam...Well Sort Of

Summer is coming to a close and I find myself with mixed emotions. I am sad, nervous, and anxious to watch my oldest go to school all day. He is growing up so fast. Too fast! I remember my mom saying, "It seems just like yesterday I held you in my arms at the hospital." I used to think she was overly sappy and maybe a little crazy but I have been proven wrong. Drum roll please . . . I now officially have repeated my mother's words. It does seem like just yesterday he was a baby and now he is reading, talking back, and correcting me.

Macee will be in preschool three days a week starting September 3rd. Macee, it seems like was just crawling around here yesterday. Today she is a second mother to Addie, insists on doing her own hair, and even has clothing preferences, telling me what I have picked out is "not cute enough"! I have aslo realized, I will be down to one child at home. I sometimes wonder if I am going to get super lonely or go hog wild. I guess we will see! Just me and Addie!

Then there is part of me is happy that the kids will be back into a school routine and my only job won't be to think of a list of 500 things to keep them busy. I am really tired of hearing, "Mom I'm bored. What can I do?" Right about here I give a lovely suggestion and they reply, "That's boring and not fun at all!" Since when did I become so uncool? Oh well, I have given my best go this summer. There has been zoo trips, dollar movies, playgrounds, friends, a trip to SLC, and cookie baking. I am out of ideas! So we will be glad to see them engaged in homework, friends, recess, and a new addition soccer! Yay!

May I say I have always dreamt of being a soccer mom. Now I have three kids, soccer, and a minivan. I have succeeded! Both Austin and Macee will play soccer this fall. Macee will also start a dance combo class about which she is over the moon about! Austin is playing in an AYSO U8 boys soccer division while Macee is doing beginning soccer through AYSO with her friend Dallin. I think soccer will be good for Macee, a place to release her extra energy. Between dance and soccer I hope to find her exhausted because right now she is so full of energy she is exhausting me!

Anyway, back to Austin. We went to hos first practice Monday night. I was a little nervous about him starting division soccer because he has never played before. When we showed up to practice I almost turned around and went home. Most of these kids this is their second year and one kid has been playing 4 years already. Urgh! But Austin's coach is awesome and she has taken extra time with him. All of the other moms reassured me he will look just like the rest of the kids by the end of the season. Kelly also informed me that he played soccer for 3/4 years when he was younger. I was shocked we have been married almost 8 years and I never knew, so I am holding out hope for Austin. It's got to be in his genes somewhere. Luckily, he loves it! After that first practice, he said to me, "Mom I love soccer, even better than baseball!" Sorry Kelly, there may go your dreams of having a little slugger around, we'll see?! Austin had pictures last night at practice. I had to take a few of him before we left. He was so cute all dressed up in his soccer uniform. Ahhhhhhh! Also there are some pictures of my kids and Kelly driving our friends kids' four-wheeler. I was a little nervous about the kids driving it but we had a remote with an automatic kill switch and we walked behind them. it was a blast! Even I took it for a little whirl! I need to take a moment and thank the High's for allowing us to live vicariously through them!

Click to play Soccer 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Sister Brittster said...

Hello my darling! I miss you guys already, but it looks like the kids are going to stay busy. I have a feeling that Austin is going to be the next Beckham and Macee will be the next great ballet star if she has anything to say about it! Hang in there, think of all the free time you'll get and all of the special time you'll get with Addie once the kids are in school, it will be awesome! HUGS!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you guys have had a fabulous summer! Wish we could have played half as much as you guys did. LUCKY!
The pictures are darling--Austin looks like he was born to play soccer!!

The High Family- said...

Austin is going to be the star player. I can feel it! I am sad to see summer go. I feel like it just started. You have done so many fun things with your kids. I know they will look back and think geez we had it so good. Though I...I mean Dallin is stoked for preschool (I think I am more excited than he is).

Caralee said...

Cute slideshow, as always. You have had so many fun adventures lately. I especially love all the photos and journaling from the NYC trip. Is your computer feeling better yet?