I know long time no bloggy blog. I am seriously slacking or maybe it's the fact that life has been big time out of control lately. We kicked off December with the stomach flu. Now when I say flu I do not mean a couple of throw up spells, nope we are talking huge time puking, projectile even. Okay, enough detail you catch my drift. Then came my Birthday, which turned out really good on account of my husband, my children, and my best friend Ashley. If not for them and a few members of Kelly's family that left me some nice messages due to extenuating circumstances it could have potentially been a super bad day.
We are currently almost ready for Christmas, I think! I have been finding a lot of good deals lately on my new favorite websites, www.slickdeals.net and www.dealighted.com. I think I did way more shopping online this year. I spent less and I got it shipped right to my front door. I think Kelly is a little tired of my "Great Deals" though. The other night my friend Ashley called to tell me that Amazon.com was having some serious toy sales with toys starting at $3 that are normally $15-$20. I told Kelly he looked over at me and said plainly, "Absolutely Not, Don't even think about it!" I guess my online shopping days are numbered.
This last week has gotten especially crazy with 2 people calling to come and see our house. And wanting to come in 15 minutes. Can I just say, "Seriously people, who is looking for houses the week before Christmas and has the guts to ask to see a house with only 15 minutes notice?" Gee Whiz folks! I am a fairly decent housekeeper but I am not Martha Stuart! I have had some serious breakdowns this week due to the stress of it all. Lucky for me Heavenly Father has blessed me with a wonderful best friend who knows just when to swoop in and save me from myself. Thank You Ashley I couldn't do it without you!!!:) Earlier this week was a major breakdown point for me. Ashley was kind enough to note my plight and invited us for dinner and due to the newly fallen snow a little sled riding on the back of thier new snow machine. Not to mention their was hot cocoa and sugar cookie decorating. Let me tell you, "Prayers Answered!" Included are a few pictures of our sledding extravaganza with the kids. Enjoy! By the way in mentioning Ashley I should also mention the kindness of her husband Cameron. I'm sure I have gotten past annoying to him by this point due to how much time Ashley and I spend talking and doing things together, but he has been nothing but kind to me and my family. So Thank You High family! Sincerely!!!
Well, we are gearing up for Christmas. The kids have a Santa face cotton ball countdown going. They are so excited and that makes me excited. I love the joy of this season and the twinkle in my kids' eyes. Magic happens, I think the spirit of Christ finds its way into many more hearts at this time of year than any other. I have many fond Christmas memories of the service of others. I remember a Christmas in paticular just after my dad died. I think that Cjristmas more than any other I felt the pure love and joy of the season. Santa stopped at our house with refurbished bikes for my younger sibelings. Packages kept arriving night after night that there was not room enough to recieve them all and most touching of all was the night before Christmas. A women knocked on our door and handed my mother an envelope filled with cash, probably $300 or so. She said it was a collection that my dads co-workers had taken up for us. She told my mom she just remembered all the times my dad bought lunch for someone in need at work or how he would simply smile and sincerely ask how her day was. Christ is the reason for the season and in the scriptures it says "If ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me." So if you can spread a little Christmas cheer by remembering the root of the word Christmas, Christ! Knowing my Savior has greatly blessed my life. I can not even brgin to describe my love for Him. I am indebted to him forever. He has made it possible for the very imperfect me to repent and strive for a more perfect me. His humble birth places me in awe of not only Him but His sweet mother Mary who endured much to bring Him into this world. Having bore children of my own I know this must have been a marvelous and very scary thing for her. Amazing is all I can say. To all of you, We love you and hope that you can enjoy the spirit of Christ this season. We love you all!
1 day ago




1 comment:
We really love you guys a ton. You are way to nice about the things you say about our family. We really aren't that great! Eventually you will figure out that we aren't even cool at all!! Thanks for your shout-out to our fam and for supporting me during my baby breakdown this week. You guys really are lifesavers!!
Post a Comment