Happy Holidays everyone! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and hopefully you have some rockn' New Years Eve plans. I wanted to update you all on Christmas and how much fun we had.
Christmas Eve started with about a foot of snow and white out conditions here in Idaho, and don't worry we did get out on the road to drive to Blackfoot. Kelly's family has a tradition of doing a progressive dinner so we started it back up this year. It is something we quit doing after his mom died, but I am happy that the tradition is back. If any of you know the Wray's, you know that they love good food. Food can keep them all together until the millennium, granted it doesn't run out before then. My husband has a hollow leg and can pack it away quit nicely. Did I mention he never gains a pound (still a sore spot between us:)) So we gathered our food up to head to his sister Amy's house. With Vegetable cheese chowder and my croissant roll-up appetizers we were on our way. Very slowly mind you. The roads were awful. We were sliding and getting stuck left and right. It took us about 30 minutes to get to I-15. FYI if you don't know Idaho very well, it should take only 30 minutes to get to Blackfoot total, but that day it was 30 minutes just to I-15. I was so nervous and I kept making Kelly promise we would not get stuck in Blackfoot on Christmas Eve due to the fact that Santa had already arranged to bring all of our gifts to our own house. He kept telling me to chill out and that "Yes, I will get you home!" It was white out conditions all the way to the rest stop just before Blackfoot and then it cleared a little. We made it to Amy's and had some dang good grub. It was really fun to visit with everyone. After we had our fill we decided we needed a break to make room for the main course. Did I mention by this time I have already gained at least 5 pounds? Well we stopped to get something Cameron and Ashley nicely stopped and picked up at our house, we take my Grandma Peterson a gift, and then it was off to Farrell's for some more delicious food.
At Farrell's we ate some more, the kids played games, and then my Sister-in-law Kim out together a nativity play. It was so neat. She dressed up each of the grand kids to be in the story. Farrell narrated and each of the adults read a part. There were hymns and primary songs throughout the program to sing. Austin and Macee were Mary and Joseph. At one point in the program Macee came up to me and handed me her doll that was supposed to be baby Jesus. She said, "Here I am tired of holding baby Jesus." I couldn't help but laugh. By the end of the program I could feel the spirit really strong. You know that warm goose bumpy feeling, that was it. i could feel my Savior there. I am so thankful for His birth and His sacrifice for me and my family.
After the program, we decided to quickly load the van and head home. it took us an hour each way instead of an hour round trip, but we made it home safe and sound. We let the kids open their Christmas Eve gifts. They got a Disney blanket with their name on it and cute PJ's then it was off to bed. To learn more about our Christmas Day stay tuned!!!
4 days ago




1 comment:
I am so glad that Christmas was great for you guys. Santas little elf deserves a break. Maybe a tropical vacation perhaps. We'll get Santa working on that for next year.
Post a Comment