Monday, November 19, 2007

The Wray Family Travelers

Let me tell ya folks,
It has been one wild week of tears laughter, and of course holy matrimony. My little Brother Aaron got married on Wednesday in Bountiful Utah to Holly Rokovitz. We have had some hair raising experiences on this little jot of our journey. We started by leaving late from Idaho Falls. We finally made it to Utah and stopped at the cracker barrel for some really good grub then off to the hotel where the soon to be family was staying for a crazy LDS Bachelorette Party. Our fun included thick, long sleeved footsy PJ's with a very shy and nervous bride. Her opening anything that had to do with underwear and blushing was as crazy as we got. We are girls gone WILD. J/K. I'm glad things didn't get too crazy. If you know me you know I would probably be blushing more than the bride. Than after our fun I grabbed Kelly and we were off to SLC without children. AMAZING! The only problem was that I had booked a not so heard of hotel around the SLC airport called Microtell INN and Suites which we could not find. A drive that should've taken ten minutes took us over one hour. We found parts of SLC I didn't know existed. Let's just say I could see the headlines "Ni eve couple carjacked in downtown SLC" We drove around in circles forever. A miracle we finally found our exit after turning around on I-15 4 times. We checked in, now let me say the hotel was clean but needless to say a little creepy. We went upstairs with all of our gear in tow. Now Kelly told me we were in room 236. We get to the room and the door is propped open. I told Kelly, "Are you sure this is our room? The door is wide open." He assured me it was threw our stuff on the bed and tried out the bounce on the other bed. Just then, another man walked in looking flabbergasted and confused. He asked, "Are you sure you belong in this room." Kelly re-checked the room number and sure enough we had barged into the wrong room. We were actually 2 doors down. How embarrassing!

Thursday we thought we would be smart and book a hotel for 2 nights and take our kids for a mini vacation. Well we got on priceline, whom we thought we could trust by the way,and bid $45 for 2 nights in a 2 star hotel because that is all it would let us pick. We got our offer accepted to a trashy motel in West Boise. We thought we got a deal but we tried to look up the hotel and the reviews that came back were alarming. One person said they couldn't get into their room at night because the hotel was surrounded by police for a drug raid in the room next to theirs. Another person said the curtains were ripped and the bed linens had blood on them. YUCK! So naturally we called Priceline to see if we could pay a cancellation fee or only pay for one night. They refunded to compromise with us at all because we initialed the page that stated we understood their were no refunds or exchanges. I told them I understood that but when I signed that agreement I was promised by them a "Quality Hotel" as it reads on their website. Needless to say after much discussion we're are now out $100. So anyone reading this blog do not use Priceline. In the last 6 months their service has severely deteriorated and so have the hotels that they allow on their website. Okay I have now stepped off of my soap box.

So we took the kids for one night only to the Country INN and Suites in Meridian. We had a bawl. The kids swimmed their little hearts out, we got free breakfast, and we did a little shopping. Not to mention we partied at the reception. The reception was beautiful and her family had it catered with BBQ ribs, different types of meat, spicy chicken, relish trays, and six different types of cake needless to say we ate like KINGS. Austin was the little ring bearer for the pictures. We found him the cutest suite at SEARS. He even had a little buotteneir made by my Grandma Winberg. They had a dance at the reception and boy did my kids boogie. Holly's sister convinced Austin to dance with the little flower girl Krista. They didn't want to at first but they finally got them to dance for a picture. Now my son being the ladies man that he is danced with her the next 6 dances in a row. Holding hands and slow dancing it was so cute, but let me say I am definitely not ready for him to like girls any time soon. Macee was jealous because Austin was not dancing with her and in true Macee fashion she scratched Krista. Oye Ve!!! Now Addie, let me tell you our little girl can boogie woogie. She has rythem! Any music that came on she found the rhythm and danced to it. She twirled in circles so much she would fall over in the middle of the floor. Don't you worry she got right back up and kept on dancing. It was so adorable!

Well as you can see we had some laughs, tears, and a dance. We are crazy!!! Well there you have it. The only thing I would have changed was that we needed a spaceship with warp drive to get us there faster, but then we would've missed out on all of the interesting poddy breaks.HA HA!

3 comments:

The High Family- said...

I am truly exhausted just reading that, I can't imagine how you guys felt. You really are world travelers. You guys are so brave to travel with children. The kids look adorable in their outfits and it sounds like you had a much needed break once you got to the nice hotel. We won't even talk about the scary hotel. Just thinking about it makes me kind of ill!!Glad you are home safe and sound!!!

Sister Brittster said...

It sounds like y'all had a blast without me! I'm glad that you managed to save the weekend in Boise, even if you were out a hundred bucks, atleast you managed to give your kids and yourselves an awesome weekend!

Justin said...

It was goood to see you all at Aaron & Holly's shindig. your childern have really changed in the last couple years. you Guys are great keep blogging