Okay-
So as my friend pointed out to me I have not done so good the last two weeks with my posts because she posted before I did. Unfortunately, we have been pretty boring the last while until yesterday! You better sit down for this and cross your legs because you will be laughing so hard you might wet your pants.
In order to tell this story I must give you some background information. It all happened yesterday at church. Our newly larger ward was gathered. We have a bigger ward now due to some boundry changes and then last week in stake conference we were told they would be moving our ward and another ward into a whole new stake. So everyone was gathered to hear the details of how this was all to occur. The chapel was full clear to the over flow. Visiting were our current stake president, our soon to be stake president, and a general authority President Clark from BYU-I. Due to the chapel being so full and us being so late we got to take a seat right up front on the right side by the organ and the stairs going up to the pulpit. Now of course sitting this close takes extra precautions to keep the children quiet. So out came the coloring books and crayons. Now Addie was enternained for a little while with this but would much rather be exploring. So off she went. She would go up one stair and then down again, inspect the organ, and chase down all the babies sitting in a close proximity to us. We made I thought only 5 minutes left and no major interruptions. President Clark got up to close the meeting with his testimony. After bearing a beautiful testimony he proceeded to pronounce a blessing on our ward. As he neared the ending the spirit was really strong and out of no where you here a high long drawn out beautiful note. My first thought was I was hearing angels manifesting of the truthfulness of his words as I looked down in horror to see it was only my little angel (ADDIE) manifesting herself on the organ. AHHHHHH. Crayons and color books went flying as ran to pull her off the organ. I was mortified. Needless to say we booked it out of sacrament so as to not to have to face President Clark. Lots of requests came in yesterday for us to start Addie on some piano/organ lessons. Everyone said her beautiful notes just added to the meeting. HA HA!!
It was interesting though, I wasn't the only one that thought it was the spirit playing that music. The first counsler in the Bishopric thought it was angels playing the organ because as he looked down he saw no one at the organ. We reassured him it was an angel ours hiding below deck!
Please note she is one of the three cutest things Kelly and I have ever created but she is also a little wolf in sheeps clothing. Don't let her fool ya!!!!
4 days ago




2 comments:
Seriously, you told me the story and I laughed, but while reading it I actually was crying because I was laughing so hard. That experiece just reaffirms that you are in the mom's hall of fame for humiliating moments that your children have created. Love it...Addie really is too cute!
hehehehehehehe.....Oh Amber Sue...whatever will we do with Addi May? I love the fact that she waited until EVERYONE would hear and see her at the organ to make her move (meaning she waited until President Clark was done speaking...atleast you've taught her to wait to be cute until adults are done talking..) This moment is one of my top Addi moments, and I wasn't even there to witness it, but I can definitely imagine it...
Post a Comment