Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Great to Be 8!

We are so excited to share with you that Austin was baptized Saturday. It was a wonderful day filled with family and friends. I was asked to speak at his baptism and it was really special to share my thoughts on the Holy Ghost with him. He was a little nervous about being "dunked". I think he asked at least 50 times how long the "dunk" would last . . . . 2sec, 3 sec, or more . . . .  He came and found me in the chapel after he was baptized and whispered in my ear, "That was awesome! Can I do that again?"

He looked so handsome in his suite. I had a lot of comments on how he looked like a little missionary. My aunt pointed out to me that in 11 more years he would be a missionary. The first eight years have gone by so fast I am afraid to blink for fear the next 11 years will be gone and he will be leaving on a mission.

Macee had the opportunity to sing at Austin's baptism with my sister Brittany. They sang "I Feel My Saviors Love" which is a very special song to our family. It was Kelly's mom's favorite primary song. The song was beautiful and really added to the spirit of the meeting. The song was an answer to much chaos last week. A room in our basement ended up flooding so my house has been in shambles all week add that to a crazy work schedule, planning a baptism, and some health problems coming up for Kelly I have been a wreck. Poor Kelly came home to a tearful wife at least two nights last week. Thursday night I tucked Macee in and she told me she needed to practice her song so it would be the very best it could be for Austin. I encouraged her to recite the words in her mind and in her heart and told her she would do wonderful. I kissed her goodnight and as I walked into my living room, feeling a bit discouraged about my week, I heard a still, small, beautiful voice out of the back room. "I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me. His spirit warms my soul. . . . " It's amazing how Heavenly Father blesses us to know He is there and aware of us. Her voice calmed my heart and I knew I was not alone.                                      



                                                    (Austin & Great Grandma Peterson)

                                                      (Austin and Great Grandma Winberg)
I was so proud of my kids on Sunday! All three of them got up and bore their testimonies without help. They marched right up to the pulpit. Austin went first and bore testimony of being baptized. Mace got up next and bore her testimony and said how proud she was of Austin for being baptized. Then Addie was supposed to get up but she didn't and I got a little worried but she let another little boy go before her and then she got up there so proud. Even with the pulpit as low as it would go and a step stool you could only see the top of her head behind the pulpit. She pulled the microphone down and bore the sweetest testimony you will ever hear. I was so proud of them!
                                                  (Austin with Grandpa & Grandma Wray)
The Bishopric was so impressed by their testimonies they asked us if our family would go to the Turtle and Crane Assisted Living Center and share our testimonies during their sacrament meeting. The spirit was so special there and we each got up and bore our testimonies. The kids loved it and enjoyed shaking hands with the residents after the meeting. It was a special experience.
                                                (Austin with Grandpa &Grandma Wadsworth)
This weekend has been awesome and we want to thank all our families, friends, and neighbor who supported Austin and our family at his baptism. The day was extra special because of you! Sending cyber hugs to each of you!
Love, The Wrays

6 comments:

The High Family- said...

Almost makes me tear up thinking about Austin. He is such a sweet kid. You really should be so proud. Glad we could share in his special day.

cressfamily said...

Amber-
Thanks for making me cry yet again. You did on Sat, Sun and now reading this again. Austin was so handsome, as well as the other 2 little girls. Thanks again for speaking.

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I can't believe he is 8!!! Wow has time flown by! That is so exciting that he got baptized! He is such a wonderful boy!

Joy said...

Wow Amber! I can't believe Austin is 8! I remember when he was born in good old Rexburg during the nursing days. Those were fun times. Way to go for being such a great mom and raising great kids!

AubreyandTerry said...

Such a handsome little man! Congrats on his baptism. Your kids are such sweet little things!

Marcie said...

It sounds like it was such a special day. What a sweet, handsome little boy you have... and 2 beautiful girls too! That's wonderful that he was so excited about being baptized!