Friday, May 22, 2009

Hawaii Day #4

Well Day #4 held flying back to Kauai. By the time we made it back we were all exhausted and we still had to drive back to our condo. You see there is only one main road on Kauai that gets you pretty much everywhere you need to go but it is only 2 lanes. One direction of traffic each way and everyone uses it and the islanders are very laid back so they were in no hurry to get anywhere. So going 15 miles on this one road takes about an hour. So we settled in for the drive back. As so when we got there we all took a little nap.

When we woke up we decided we were going to get all dolled up in our Hawaiian attire and go see some more of the sights on Kauai and eat dinner at a highly recommended beach front BBQ restaurant in our travel guide.
So, off we went. In our sarongs and all. We first went to see a very old lighthouse on the island. The road was closed to get back in to go in to the lighthouse. We had missed it by about 30 minutes, but you could still see the amazing views and an awesome view of the lighthouse where we went. Next it was on to see some famous waterfalls. They were absolutely breathtaking! In honor of Polynesian culture we convinced the boys they needed to wear our sarongs as a skirt for one picture. It took some convincing, finally we told them just to MAN UP! 
Then on to dinner. Can I say I did not know food and ambiance could have such an effect on me. The food was A-MAZING and we got to sit right on the coast with the waves washing in. We went right at sunset and watched the sun go down and stuffed ourselves silly! The it was back to the condo for some sleep so we could get up and go snorkeling and spend some serious time at the beach . . .  Are you sick of my play by play yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way cute! and I must say Kelly does look pretty manly in that hawaiian skirt! lol looks like you had a blast!

The High Family- said...

AHHHH that was so much fun. I want to go back ASAP!! I love kelly and cameron in their lovely skirts!!

Sister Brittster said...

I finally got to see the pictures! Hooray! I love you as a pineapple...priceless...you had a classic Aaron face in that one. You looked so relaxed. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.