I just had to share a first for our little family. Testimony bearing coming from our oldest. That's right Austin bore his testimony on Sunday and it was so honest and humbling. We have been talking about him bearing it for months now and we have had a couple different family home evening lessons about it.
Our Bishop has asked that the children give heartfelt testimonies without the help of an adult. Well Austin has been nervous and I don't think he knew what he wanted to say until Sunday. Every fast Sunday I encourage him that, if he wants to, he should bear his testimony. This Sunday was no different. His reply is usually no, I don't think I can today but Sunday it was, "I will think about it mom."
Sacrament meeting rolled around and it was just Austin and me because the girls were home sick with their daddy. Austin looked over at me after the 2nd counselor bore his testimony and said, "I think I am going to do it mom! But I am going to wait until nobody is up there."
In our ward the Primary kids probably take at least 75% of the testimony time so Austin just waited. He started to walk up once but somebody beat him up there so he cam back and sat by me. Finally, there was a lull and he made a b-line for the pulpit but a little girl beat him to it but he was next.
He got up there and adjusted the microphone so bravely and said, "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know the church is true and that S. Monson is a true prophet today. I know that my family loves me! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
What a simple yet perfectly worded testimony for someone his age. Yes, he did forget the prophets first name but I am impressed he got the middle initial and last name. He came back and sat next to me and said, "Mom, we have to tell dad that I bared my testimony when we get home. I feel so good inside! The Holy Ghost is talking to me telling me what I did is right!" I agreed with him and warmth came to my heart. The Holy Ghost spoke to me and told me what a special boy I have and that his testimony was very heartfelt.
Sure enough when we returned home he bore his testimony for his sisters and his dad. He then bore witness to them that he had felt the Holy Ghost speak to him. Out of the mouth of babes huh!?
I remember when they placed Austin my arms for the first time. Kelly was sitting right next to me and tears flowed freely from both of us. In complete love we had made a whole and completely perfect little being and he was so handsome. We cried talking about the people we were sure he passed on his journey through the veil to come to us, including Kelly's grandfather who was at that time passing away. We thought of the great legacy our ancestors had left us and hoped to continue that with our new little family. We talked of all the things Austin might become some day. Our hopes and dreams for him! Our experience of getting him here ranks right up there with top 5 most spiritual moments in my life. I am so blessed that Heavenly father sent us such a beautiful little spirit that has always known in his heart where he comes from, why he is here, and where he is going. Now he is bearing his testimony about it!
+edit+vanilla.jpg)




4 comments:
His testimony on Sunday was so perfectly sweet. He did awesome. I am so glad I was there to see it. I never would have known it was his first time, he is a pro.
That is tender. Really it brought a tear to my eye. He is such a sweetheart. He will be a great missionary one day!
Oh my goodness, that was so sweet. Honestly made me teary. What a sweet experience for your little boy--one that we can all hope our children have some day.
Amber! I am so proud of my little man I can hardly stand it! I definitely need to take him out for an ice cream and some one on one time when I get back. Let him know how proud of him I am!
Post a Comment