Thursday, October 16, 2008

Family Pictures and My Surgery Day Has Arrived!

Well here I sit in bed awaiting the inevitable. My surgery is today at 3PM and we have to be at the hospital by 1:30PM. I have been super nervous and full of anxiety the last couple of weeks waiting for this day to arrive but as of Monday I have been feeling more and more confident and at peace. We met with my surgeon on Monday and just talking with him has reinforced the revelation Kelly and I have had that this surgery needs to be done. It's nice to have a Doctor that is LDS that you can speak to about spiritual matters because when modern medicine fails to make a diagnosis then you have to rely completely on the spirit, and so we have.

Kelly had one of our home teachers some over last night and help him give me a blessing and it was beautiful. I am so thankful that I have the priesthood in my home and that my husband lives worthy so that he can speak on the behalf of my Father in Heaven. I was overcome with peace last night and I am happy to say I had the best night of sleep I have had in weeks. I will be happy, however, to have this over and done with and get on the road to recovery. I just keep thinking about all the fun things I can do with my kids when I am no longer bedridden in pain.

So, on to happier subjects -- FAMILY PICTURES! Okay so I am so excited to share with you all the amazing pictures taken by a friend in my ward. She just started her own photography business but you would not be able to tell she has only just begun because her shots are amazing and to boot she is super great with kids and oober patient! So, drum roll please . . . . Here are our Fall Family photos! Please check out my friend, Caralee's, awesome work on her photography blog www.caraleephotography.blogspot.com ENJOY!!!

Click to play
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

5 comments:

Sister Brittster said...

Amber, you always give me so much hope and inspiration. I love you and your family more than words can express. It is so fun to watch your kids grow up into the amazing people that they are becoming. It seems like just yesterday they were babies, and now they are growing with opinions and faith of their own. You are doing an amazing job! Never doubt how wonderful you are...I have always looked up to you and I think I always will. Keep being you, because YOU are amazing!

Hillary said...

Good luck today! I hope all went well. I hope to hear from you soon!

Leslie and Josh said...

Wow! Amber, those are amazing! You look awsome and just as good as you did in College, if not better, somehow after three kids. That's not fair.
Good luck with you surgery. I hope that everything went well. Recover soon and let us know how it all went.

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! These pictures are beautiful and amazing! What a lovely family you have. I hope your surgery went well, and I really hope you start feeling better now. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures amber you are beautiful and kelly so so so handsome love love love them so cute what can i say. hope you are feeling better. let me know how things are going love kim