Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New York, New York!

What can I say except for Yaaaaaaaaah! we have been waiting and planning for this trip for 6 months. I though it would never get here but it has come and gone so fast. I took a million pictures which, if your patient enough you can watch on the slideshow below.

I was trying to decide if I should give you a plat by play of our trip or a list of my favorites and not so favorites along with the ever funny Kelly and Amber interactions with the local New Yorkers. If you don't know this yet Kelly and I tend to have some pretty interesting things happen to us when we travel. It is always eventful!

First of all let me say if you like to shop NYC is the place for you. Millions of shops all within walking distance. I have been to New York before, about 10 years ago when I was in High School but I don't remember having this much fun! Okay so the funnest places we shopped FAO Shwartz is definitely #1 followed closely by my favorite, street vendors; Purses for 5 dollars, T-shirts 4 for 10 dollars, and sunglasses for $3. The M&M factory was also pretty amazing.

My favorite food while in New York. breakfast at the Cafeteria. I know, the cafeteria, it doesn't sound good bringing back memories from your school days but this place was a modern cafe with the most amazing food I have ever tasted. I ordered the berry pancakes. I got 6 or 7 small pancakes topped with a buttercream sauce and the freshest berries I have ever tasted and did I mention the top was sprinkled with powdered sugar. I have died and gone to heaven. Kelly had a french toast croissant stuffed with fresh peaches and freshly squeezed OJ. We also ate at Mickey Mantels resteraunt where the steak quesadilla was to die for. The day we left NYC we ate at Serendipity's. I recommend dessert definitely the food not so much.

We also found while we were there ta Kelly is much better at navigating public transportation like the subway in NYC instead of driving here in Idaho. Before we left I told Kelly we should just move there and we would never get lost again. By the end of the trip kelly was actually directing other tourists to their subway trains. Any other place I would have discouraged this but Kelly was getting us around new York so well at the end of the trip we looked like we belonged there.

My favorite place to visit was definitely St. Pauls Cathedral next to where the twin towers use to be. It is the only thing that survived in that block during the 9/11 attacks. The cathedral was built in the late 1700's President Washington went there after his inaguration and actually attended church there. They have the pew he actually sat in along with some amazing 9/11 pictures and memorabilia. The story posted in that church brought tears to my eyes. Seeing where the attacks took place has truely humbled me. New Yorkers are strong and kind people. I say I met the nicest people ever along with some of the rudest but most of the people were so very kind and helpful.

Now for the highlight of my trip, Broadway! We went to Wicked and it was A-MAZ-ING! The theater was awesome, the acting and singing supreme, and our seats were spectacular! I also had aton of fun getting all dressed up to go. I found this amazing dress on sale at Dilliards before we left and I have to thank my friend Ashley because I almost didn't get it. I felt fabulous in it and I haven't felt so pretty in a very long time!

Now the highlight for Kelly was the Old Timers Game and the Yankees game against the Angels while we were there. This was the last Old Timers game in the original Yankee Stadium after this year it will be torn down and the Yankee's will begin to play across the street at a brand new stadium. I do have to admit going to a Yankee's game was a ton of fun and the food was good too! Don't worry our Yanks killed the Angels! Go Yankees!

Oh I could go on and on. If you want to hear about any more of our travels and stange incidents call me I would love to give you an earful. Needless to say we are almost destitute from the amount of money we spent there but it was money well spent and memories well made!

Click to play NYC Part #1
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Click to play NYC part #3
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Click to play Random NYC
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

The High Family- said...

All I can say is...JEALOUS! I am so jealous that if I could have I would have stuffed myself in one of your suitcases and come along. I am so glad that you had a great time. Oh and you did look super hot in that dress. I can't do many things...but I know how to shop...trust me on that one...I am so happy that you got the dress!! What a fun once in a lifetime experience!!! Once again...I am still JEALOUS!!

Caralee said...

Wow! Looks like a great time. And those smilebox slideshows are sooooo cute! I am sure the kids are glad you are back!

Joy said...

Lucky! I would have to say that I'm jealous, too. I'm so glad you had such a great time. And I love all the pictures. For those of us who haven't been to NYC, it's nice to see all the fun things there are to do. And you are a total babe! I really like your hair.

Tenise said...

That looks like so much fun! That's great that you two got to go do that! You look simply gorgeous in your dress for Wicked! I also like your hair thingie. You look so glamorous, and like a movie star! So pretty!

I'm glad you two had fun!