Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Trip to SLC

Are you all dying? I know 2 updates in 2 days. I even suprise myself somedays! I decided I better show you our trip to SLC because (drum roll please. . . .) we are going to New York this Thursday. So before my life starts to go crazy here it is!

So this last week we took the kids to Salt Lake City for a little family get away before school starts. We have a year round pass to the Idaho Falls Zoo that gets us into the Hogle Zoo for free, so we took the kids. We had tons of fun. It rained a little bit when we first got there but then it was perfect weather. We got to see a white crocadile, penguins, and apes just to name a few. The kids got to ride the carosuel and the train. They loved it but it definitely wore them out. They were ready to go back to the hotel before we were.

The next day we went shopping. A liitle Steve & Berry's and Park City outlet mall shopping (a first for us!) Now if none of you have been to Steve & Berry's its an awesome store that our friends introduced us to. Everything in the store is $9.98 or less. They have the cutest clothes and lines for women designed by Amanda Bynes and Sara Jessica Parker. Needless to say you can not walk out of there without something! We had a little adventure on our way to Park City, our van started to overheat and we had to pull over 4 different times and let it cool off plus we had to leave the heat running climbing the pass to pull the heat off of the engine. Our power windows aren't working in the front of our van currently so it was miserable
:( But ta da we made it! The outlet mall was super fun and the Children's Place was having an amazing sale so I got most of our Back to School shopping done. We came back to the hotel and took the kids swimming. The water was freezing in the pool and extra hot in the hot tub. To bad there was no middle ground. Oh yeah and guess who accidentily booked the wrong hotel. Try getting confused between Country Inn and Suites and Comfort Inn and Suites. It's okay we made the best of it and the comfort inn wasn't too bad!

The next day we woke up and watched some of the Pioneer Day Parade and then we drove by the tail end of it. We parked at the Conference Center and took the kids on a tour of downtown including the Conference Center, Temple Square, and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was so fun. There was so much history in downtown to discover. So much symbolism in the conference center that I never even knew about. It was so much fun!

Any way we are home safe and sound and we thouroughly wore ourselves out. Now Kelly and I are preparing to leave for NYC and the kids are gearing up to spend 4 days of fun with their Aunt B! So if anyone out there has some traveling tips we could use them. I haven't flown in over 10 years and 10 years ago was my first time. So I really am a beginning flyer. Have fun ya'll and my next shout out will maybe be from NYC!!


6 comments:

Joy said...

How fun! We want to take our kids to Hogle Zoo sometime. It looks like you all had a great time in SLC. And I'm jealous that you're going to New York. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Caralee said...

Sounds like a great time in SLC. And good luck in NYC. I can't wait to hear all about it. Love your new blog look!
(PS - I would practice shooting pics of your kids anytime)

Rebecca said...

you get to go to NYC? LUCKY! why are you lucky enough to get to go there? Have a blast!

Leslie and Josh said...

Where did you get your missionary count down?

The High Family- said...

I am so jealous of all the fun you had in SLC. Yes, I am cool enough to use the slang term for Salt Lake City. Okay, maybe not. Anyway, love the slideshow! Seeing all the pictures make me have a hankering for the outlets. Oh yes I do have a shopping addiction.

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

Your going to New York!!!!! Wow Sounds like you had alot of fun in Salt Lak.