Hello all-
I am here to say we made it, but barely! You may be asking, "What did you make?" We made it through the week from Haites. I'm suprised I am even coherent enough to type this and then on second though maybe I am not.
This week has seen large amounts of vomit and the juicy squirts. I know, yuck! It started Saturday night after Macee's birthday party. Which by the way, was a huge hit. We had lots of fun, food, friends, and family. Thanks to all who came and made it a wonderful day for our little princess. Okay, now back to the week. Macee woke up late Saturday night. She ran in to our room screaming and puked all over me and our bed sheets. So we were up scrubbing floors, blankets, and one child at 3AM. Kelly and I took turns after that running into the living room to comfort her while she puked her guts out. Might I also mention that we had someone scheduled to come and look at our house on this very day! I kept thinking, "How in the heck am I going to get the puke smell out of the house?" Don't you worry! Thanks to bulk commodities at Sams Club I sprayed the whole house down in Fabreeze and kelly scrubbed the tile floors with ammonia. We had the Mormon Tabernacle chior in the house and singing their fresh and clean allejuah's just in time for the supposed buyers to come through our house. The week continued with Macee being fine for 24-48 hours and then puking again. This my friends adds up to a whole lot of sleep deprivation and some very crabby females at my house.
On Monday I got called into work as kind of an emergency. My back started to really hurt by the end of the shift. Tuesday I got a little crazy and tried my hand and patience with 5 kids. We did really well until the last hour when I had to place car seats and load all five children while the youngest two were both crying in disonant harmony. While walking in my garage to put another child in I slipped on the melted water from the tire and arched my back to catch my balance, BAD IDEA. So thus the back got worse. That evening Kelly reminded me of a little wager we made after New Years to go and workout every night after dinner together. Yes folks another BAD IDEA! By Wednesday morning I could not even move. I got maybe 2 hours of sleep on Tuesday night.Wednesday morning I was crying UNCLE! I called the chiropractor and as usual he just didn't know what to do with me. He adjusted what he could trying to work around all of the muscle spasms I was having.
By Thurday morning I was ready to die so I called our family Doctor for some pain killers. At this point I had been running on 4 hours of sleep in two days. My mom, my sister, and my friend Ashley had all come in to help me with my kids and drive me to the doctor because I could hardly walk let alone drive or pick up Addison. Thank heavens for the miracle they call drugs, narcotics to be exact. Now don't worry, there are no addictions here, but I am thankful for the sleep I have gotten since Friday night.
My back was feeling somewhat better until I had to work on Saturday so for now I am back to loving my drugs and trying to rest so I can get back to my life.
Now after all of this whining there is a point. I have seen a couple of mini miracles in my life this week. The Lord's hand has been in my life. He has blessed me largely through the kindness of friends and family. I was really worried what the extra docotr bills would do to us but our insurance covers everything but $20 for our chiropractor and as pure blessings would have it, I did not have to pay to see our family Doctor because their was a credit on my account in the exact amount of $20. I would also like to send a special thank you out to a very dear friend whom I consider my sister. Thanks for dropping everything when I know you are tired and worn out. Thank you for putting up with my whiney butt. It is on occasions and trials such as these that my Heavenly Father points out those individuals he has placed into my life for my benefit and blessing. I love you thank you!
4 days ago




4 comments:
Hey babe! I hope you are doing better, sorry that I am a horrible sister and haven't called since Thursday! Just so you know I have a new blog up with pics and videos of the kiddies! Good times, good times. Get better will ya, it doesn't do me any good wishing I could be there to play mommy while you sleep while undergoing a full day of opera rehearsal!
I give you a gold metal for your perseverance. Its incredible the tests we receive, not to mention the timing. Your strong, and now even stronger. keep up the steadfastness !!!
Gosh...I was exhausted just reading all of that. You poor woman. It is official, you deserve some time off for good behavior. I am so glad I could help in your time of need. You have done it for me on numerous occasions. Just know that I appreciate you!!
Oh Amber!! I promise by time your kids are out of diapers and old enough to actually make it to the toilet to puke, you will be SICK of Febreeze. I still can't stand the smell of it because we used it so much to mask Katie and Kassie's mishaps. Yuck!!!
Hope all is well and getting better by the day at your home.
Love,
Jann
Post a Comment