Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Day

I promised more so here it is. Christmas morning was so fun. Macee crawled into bed with us at 7AM like usual. I asked her if Santa came. Nonchalantly she replied, "Yeah" I don't think she really even checked because we sent her out to the living room and when we did all sorts of hoop and hollers abounded, including her need to run to everyone elses rooms and wake them up. Austin's cutest phrase for the day was when he turned to me and said, "Mom, it's a Christmas miracle! Santa know where I live and brought me everything I wanted!" Addie looked a little forlorn at first, but after she got to opening her gifts we couldn't keep her attention on unwrapping them. After each opened present she wanted Kelly to take everything out of its package so she could play with it. Needless to say Addie opened probably 2 to 3 of her gifts and Austin and Macee opened the rest!

I got Kelly a Yankees limited edition coaches series watch and a back mas sager. He of course spoiled me. By the way, I sometimes wonder if I really even deserve it. My family cam for Christmas Day. it was great we had brunch. There were games, present opening, karaoke, and great food. It was a blast!

I feel so blessed to have made it through another year! We have had some pretty interesting occurrences including a couple of hospital stays, a surgery, and a couple of deaths in the family. We have been blessed to have had the Lord with us through it all. It is amazing what retrospect can do for you and your spirit. I was touched by the gift that Tami gave us about journal keeping including writing down how the Lord blesses us. May I say that I have often been angry, sad, or overwhelmed this last year but as I look back over the year I do not hesitate to say the Lord's hand has been in it all. He has been watching us and blessing us every step of the way. We were never alone, although at times my human emotions got the better of me and I felt that way. I would be very ungrateful if I did not thank my Heavenly Father for His pure loving wisdom this last year and His support when we needed it the most. He blessed us through all of you. We have been surrounded by the love of our family and friends and we definitely wouldn't have made it through 2007 without you! We love you all!!!!!!

No comments: